VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,202 Posts
Re: Stand alone engine managment on 84 8V GTi??? (Esher)

Sure, what you need depends on what system you use. Research a couple systems and you'll see what they require. Mainly you'll need a TB with a tps sensor, a fuel rail, new injector cups, injectors. Your ignition system will vary based on the system and what you prefer.

· Registered
34,572 Posts

Yes. You'll need at least: fuel rail, injectors, FPR, management system, harness, programming tool, sensors, etc. Look into SDS it's looking like the easiest to program (no laptop) and it's damn simple in terms of wiring also.
If you want a hand I can lend it, but what sort of evil things are you up to?

· Registered
636 Posts

hahahaha...i know what esher is up too... he is up to almost the same thing i am. Paul you better watch out.. two bad bunnies are coming. Im just going with g60 injection and cam for the time being... easy to wire, its pretty good, they are starting to make chips and other such tools for better performance, and you can run 14 lbs if you so desire. Good enough for me.

damn, i hope paul doesnt know what im up too.

· Banned
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Stand alone engine managment on 84 8V GTi??? (theYellowRabbit)

well, you my friend are wrong...he 2L fell through due to Mr. PO PO givin me a ticket. But Mr. oops, not lettin it out yet...
Where are the fingers from DCI when you need em?

· Registered
34,572 Posts

Nick I know exactly what you're up to.. and I'm in the same boat. Just sourcing parts and taking my time. Even got all sorts of wacky CIS mods to fuel it when ready

Esh, let me know what you need to know, I'll give ya some help! Where's that spare 2L I can use one!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.