VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im making a project car. andi eventually want to do ITB's on my VR but im unsure which management system to use lugtronic or 034 motorsports?? if anyone has any suggestions please tell me

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Re: stand alone problem (RjVr6)

short answer, run the SEM that your tuner specifies. Im running 034 on my 24v. either works fine

Modified by Dubbed95 at 2:01 PM 8-16-2009

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: stand alone problem (TBT-Syncro)

oo ok so i should run 034 instead of the plug and play for my stand alone

Modified by RjVr6 at 6:58 PM 8-16-2009

·
Registered
1,186 Posts

Quote, originally posted by RjVr6 »
oo ok so i should run 034 instead of the plug and play for my stand alone

Modified by RjVr6 at 6:58 PM 8-16-2009

If your tuner recommends 034, then yes.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Re: stand alone problem (need_a_VR6)

Quote, originally posted by need_a_VR6 »
Talk to your tuner first before you go to 034, there are many people and places that won't touch it.

No thanks to your banter.

·
Registered
86 Posts

It doesn't meet my high standards, but I'll still tune it. I just think there are better systems out there, especially at that price point.

Interestingly MS does (meet your rigorous standards), but you happen to sell that.
In fact of late the only folks spreading the "no one wants to tune your 034" tripe are folks that sell something else, or their flagboys.
The fact is that other than in some rather remote parts of the US, there are plenty of folks that can and will tune just about any ECU.
The folks spreading these rumors are attempting to tarnish the 034 reputation for delivering a reliable, dependable and well supported product.
Folks ask, "who can tune my 034?", A,B or C pops up, "nobody wants to tune that". Flagboys X Y and Z pop in, yeah, you should have bought product Q.
Why do they do this?
Its pretty clear why they do it.
The person has already bought the product, thanks for helping them...
The misinformation isn't to benefit the person who needs tuning, its to benefit the folks selling product Q for future sales.
How professional...

Modified by TheArchitect at 8:44 AM 8-18-2009

·
Registered
37,595 Posts
Re: stand alone problem (TheArchitect)

Obviously "high standards" was a bit tongue-in-cheek, as you pointed out I do sell MS units. Though, I also have tuned SDS, VEMS, Tec2/3, Holley Commander, Spectre, CIS
Along with countless setups on MS from 4cyl racing boat engines to big V8s.
Quote »

The folks spreading these rumors are attempting to tarnish the 034 reputation for delivering a reliable, dependable and well supported product.

I have had three people just this summer ask me to tune their 034 for them after numerous, long phone calls with 034 trying to get their cars to run right, without success. Will I tune their cars? Sure thing. Could I do it better and faster on another system? Yes.
There was another fellow, in Texas I think, that could not find anyone to tune his car. He even offered to fly a few well known tuners out, with no luck.
In short, the only thing 034 does for VW's and Audi's is better marketing. Many buy into it thinking it's some magical system for their cars when it's just not.
The OP hasn't decided the system yet, hence the thread. I never mentioned anything about my systems either, though I'd recommend Lugtronic over 034 in a split second.

·
Registered
86 Posts

In short, the only thing 034 does for VW's and Audi's is better marketing. Many buy into it thinking it's some magical system for their cars when it's just not.
The OP hasn't decided the system yet, hence the thread. I never mentioned anything about my systems either, though I'd recommend Lugtronic over 034 in a split second.

Well you didnt recommend your own, but surely you ponied up the opinion that nobody may want to tune it. This is a recurring theme with you, and I really think you should stop these rumors.
That "you" can tune other systems faster is certainly a "good for you" kind of statement, frankly you still have to fill a map with data and its been my experience that that takes about the same amount of time with just about any PC tunable system.
When you suggest that the only thing 034 does better is to market, you dont seem to "get" the quality aspect of the system, that sequential injection and ignition mean things to some people, and ROBUST design has value.
Clearly MS and VEMS has its place for users that can live with the hardware deficiencies that they lack compared to what 034 has.
You dont see 034 saying negative things about Lugtronics, VEMS, MS or any other system, NOT EVEN ON THEIR WEBSITE motorgeek.
If you get anything from this posting, I hope that it is that you should stop maligning your competition regardless of your thoughts in the matter.
BTW the person you are talking(from the Honda forums) about was in Louisiana, and local tuning was found for him in New Orleans, as well as all sorts of folks willing to do it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts

It doesn't meet my high standards, but I'll still tune it. I just think there are better systems out there, especially at that price point.

Wanna tune my Car Paul

·
Registered
927 Posts

034 sucks plain and simple. I don't care how robust and reliable a system is if its ass-backwards and limited. There is a reason many people won't tune it and its not because they aren't capable.
The only special feature I would look for use on ITB's is the ability to do TPS with a MAP blend. If the system does that and has decent resolution on the tables you should be able to get a good tune no matter what you go with. I used DTA Pro8 on my ITB car and despite its quirks loved it in that application. Having said that I have also tuned a 16v on ITB's with an ancient Haltech using TPS only and that thing drove cross country without issue. The real key is the tune and not the system being tuned - certain systems just make it easier to get the tune right.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: stand alone problem (vw1320)

ok where would i be able to buy the DTA Pro8 system ? cuz i just looked it up on google and it looks like the system we just put in my friends 16V

·
Registered
86 Posts

You have your opinion of the matter, I have mine. Lets leave it at that.

You can certainly have your own opinion just so long as you stop propagating misinformation any time some one brings up 034.
If you can refrain from that, I think we'll be just fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts

I haven't misinformed anyone, you just have your own opinion of how 034 stacks up to other available standalones. Obviously you think it's superior, and I do not.

Lets be clear here, your opinion on what ECU is superior is fine with me.
I have no qualm with you thinking what you sell is best.
The issue is that you continue spread misinformation that people will not tune the ECU. This is very bad form and needs to halt.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts