VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I see some posts about this but whats the deal with the Tiguan S being the only one with Standard? Do you think they will bring it to the other levels too?? I like the SEL but it's silly it doesn't come in stick. I've been driving standard ever since I could drive...my beetle broke last week so i've been driving an automatic jetta..which omfg it's too boring..I miss shifting and it's been a week! I want to buy a Tiguan in the fall but it's another negative on my list.... Also has anyone ever bought their VW directly from Germany??

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Re: Standard?!? (Periwinkles)

Quote, originally posted by Periwinkles »
Also has anyone ever bought their VW directly from Germany??

You can't ... at least not at any reasonable cost. You basically need to bring it through the US certification process yourself, which will likely cost the same as the car or more, even if the same model is already federalized.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
i actually like the S model a lot. i just wish it came with heated seats as an option. i would keep the manual transmission. it would be the perfect mix as i don't think i would get the pano roof.
you can get all this great stuff on the jetta wagon S for under $19K (sans pano roof)....but the jetta sportswagen SEL is the charmer at only $24.5K! that's a great deal and compromise for the tig.

·
Registered
849 Posts

So I see some posts about this but whats the deal with the Tiguan S being the only one with Standard? Do you think they will bring it to the other levels too?? I like the SEL but it's silly it doesn't come in stick. I've been driving standard ever since I could drive...my beetle broke last week so i've been driving an automatic jetta..which omfg it's too boring..I miss shifting and it's been a week! I want to buy a Tiguan in the fall but it's another negative on my list.... Also has anyone ever bought their VW directly from Germany??

I almost did. But my friend that lives in Germany wasn't coming home until 2011 and I couldn't wait that long for the Tig.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Standard?!? (Eurofighter)

The S model isn't bad...I just wish you could add stuff to it..like you said..heated seats...I want the sunroof and nav...It sucks that everyone is phasing out standard and using tip! I wonder if I can convince my dealer to order the SEL with standard lol...

·
Registered
849 Posts

The S model isn't bad...I just wish you could add stuff to it..like you said..heated seats...I want the sunroof and nav...It sucks that everyone is phasing out standard and using tip! I wonder if I can convince my dealer to order the SEL with standard lol...

Its pretty annoying that they are ditching standard transmission and going with tiptronic. The dealer always says "Its the best of both worlds" or "Its got both" when in actuality it is neither the best of both worlds or has both. If it doesn't have 3 pedals than its not stick, it that simple. I prefer to call it cheater-stick too.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Quote, originally posted by Eurofighter »

Its pretty annoying that they are ditching standard transmission and going with tiptronic. The dealer always says "Its the best of both worlds" or "Its got both" when in actuality it is neither the best of both worlds or has both. If it doesn't have 3 pedals than its not stick, it that simple. I prefer to call it cheater-stick too.

haha Cheater-stick.... That makes me sooo mad when the dealer says Tiptronic is better...it's totally not the same! I asked my dealer and he said everything has a price but whats the point of paying that kind of money to redo a new car. I'm still really on the fence about the Tig...It's gunna be my first big car purchase I wanna make sure it's the right one....so far the not being manual is the big downfall...

·
Registered
849 Posts

haha Cheater-stick.... That makes me sooo mad when the dealer says Tiptronic is better...it's totally not the same! I asked my dealer and he said everything has a price but whats the point of paying that kind of money to redo a new car. I'm still really on the fence about the Tig...It's gunna be my first big car purchase I wanna make sure it's the right one....so far the not being manual is the big downfall...

Have you considered leasing or are you just buying?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I'm planning on buying it, everyone I talk to said never lease a car. I thought about it but they only lease the base model of the Tiguan right now, and I do like drive around so I put miles on my car quick.

·
Registered
849 Posts

I'm planning on buying it, everyone I talk to said never lease a car. I thought about it but they only lease the base model of the Tiguan right now, and I do like drive around so I put miles on my car quick.

I'm calling shenanigans on the dealer! I leased an SE in May. Also, if you plan on getting a new car in a few years, leasing is the way to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts