VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts
:confused: Star Wars has never done "Director's Cut" releases. Not sure what you mean here.
Actually, they have, they just don't call them Director's Cut.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_changes_in_Star_Wars_re-releases

And what I mean by the timeline reference (jokingly 6 months) is what happened with LOTR.
ReleasesThe extended editions were released slightly later than the original DVD versions of the films.

• The Fellowship of the Ring Extended Edition was released November 2002, while the theatrical release DVD was released August 2002
  • The Two Towers Extended Edition was released November 2003, while the theatrical release DVD was released August 2003
  • The Return of the King Extended Edition was released December 2004, while the theatrical release DVD was released May 2004
The extended editions were also released on Blu-Ray as a box set in June 2011[1], while the theatrical Blu-Ray was released as a Box Set on September 2010.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger R/T Road & Track
7,205 Posts
Actually, they have, they just don't call them Director's Cut.
Sometimes I forget about the "Special Edition" because I've been watching the Despecialized edits for so long. :D

I would be very surprised if Disney releases JJ's 3 hour cut, as opposed to George Lucas' tweaks to his own movies.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Sometimes I forget about the "Special Edition" because I've been watching the Despecialized edits for so long. :D

I would be very surprised if Disney releases JJ's 3 hour cut, as opposed to George Lucas' tweaks to his own movies.
Which despecialized version do you watch -- the one from Harmy?

·
Learning New Things Every Day.
'12 Earth F**ker '12 A4q '18 Q3
17,761 Posts

I have the 2-disc/movie DVD trilogy set that includes both the special edition and theatrical cuts. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001EN71DG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IIRC, this is the only set that includes both versions.

121 - 130 of 130 Posts