VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
23,018 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (manasteel)

Your OP sucks giant donkey ass.

·
Registered
14,983 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (eurotrashrabbit)

Quote, originally posted by eurotrashrabbit »
It will also be released as a movie on Aug 15th in theatres

Sure will!

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts

as excited as I am for this, I think it would have been way better if this movie/series was taking place after ROTJ...perhaps based on the Zahn trilogy

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (The Red Baron)

Quote, originally posted by The Red Baron »
as excited as I am for this, I think it would have been way better if this movie/series was taking place after ROTJ...perhaps based on the Zahn trilogy

The Zahn trilogy was better than anything Lucas has ever written.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (firebreathingbunny)

Didn't the Cartoon network have those short animated version of the Clone wars. This CGI version seams a little more in depth.

·
Registered
35,138 Posts

Quote, originally posted by firebreathingbunny »

I keep hearing about those books, but have never read them... I need to give them a shot.
Just found a good summary of them: http://www.futurefiction.com/s...n.htm

·
Registered
17,893 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (Arsigi)

I have Clone Wars volumes 1 and 2 on DVD.
Will the new series be just like the old one, but with new animation?

Modified by VDUBber91 at 2:54 PM 2-15-2008

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (VDUBber91)

Quote, originally posted by VDUBber91 »
I have Clone Wars volumes 1 and 2 on DVD.
Will the new series be just like the old one, but with new animation?

Modified by VDUBber91 at 2:54 PM 2-15-2008

IDK why they didnt just release the cartoon version as a full movie. I perferred that animation MUCH more than the CGI shown.

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (The Red Baron)

A lot of cool stories after ROTJ but I am still very excited about the new movie and the new Indiana Jones movie.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (JosephTheRed)

I have feeling it will be good but it'll probably get snubbed at the Oscars...

·
Registered
995 Posts

Quote, originally posted by firebreathingbunny »

This is a very good trilogy to read if you haven't already.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (VR6)

I remember reading a few years ago that Lucas scanned Ford, Fisher, and Hamil's faces--the same way when you're going to create a CG character (like they did for some of Brandon Routh's flying scenes in Superman Returns). I've been hoping that somewhere down the line Lucasfilm will use the Zahn books as the basis for a completely CGI episodes 7,8, and 9.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts

Looks entertaining, but I'm bored of prequels. I want to see the universe advance...

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (JosephTheRed)

Quote, originally posted by JosephTheRed »

I remember reading a few years ago that Lucas scanned Ford, Fisher, and Hamil's faces--the same way when you're going to create a CG character (like they did for some of Brandon Routh's flying scenes in Superman Returns). I've been hoping that somewhere down the line Lucasfilm will use the Zahn books as the basis for a completely CGI episodes 7,8, and 9.

Won't happen because they are actually decent stories and Lucas can't handle the competition

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Quote, originally posted by Dark Horizons »
"Star Wars" fans will get an unprecedented look at the newest intergalactic adventure on Thursday when the world-premiere trailer for the upcoming CG-animated movie "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" debuts across five Turner networks simultaneously.
At 7:58 p.m. in all U.S. time zones, Cartoon Network, TNT, TBS, CNN, and Boomerang will debut an action-packed, two-minute preview of the animated adventure from creator George Lucas and Lucasfilm Animation.
It marks the first time a theatrical trailer has received a simultaneous, cross-network airing on Turner Networks. The trailer debuts in theaters on Friday, May 9th along with the first poster for the movie included below.
The film opens nationwide on August 15th 2008 and be distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.
The newest tale of adventure, intrigue and excitement in a galaxy far, far away combines the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm and the Star Wars Saga with a signature animation style from Lucasfilm Animation.
Following its broadcast debut across the Turner Networks, the trailer for "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" will be available for viewing exclusively at the official site.
On the front lines of an intergalactic struggle between good and evil, fans young and old will join such favorite characters as Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Padmé Amidala, along with brand-new heroes like Anakin's padawan learner, Ahsoka.
Sinister villains - led by Palpatine, Count Dooku and General Grievous - are poised to rule the galaxy. Stakes are high, and the fate of the Star Wars universe rests in the hands of the daring Jedi Knights. Their exploits lead to the action-packed battles and astonishing new revelations.
The theatrical release of "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" tells an all-new story that leads directly in to this fall's premiere of a weekly, animated "Star Wars: The Clone Wars" television series on Cartoon Network, followed by airings on TNT.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts