VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Re: (crazy88)

So he kills us with three horrible prequels and then this is his follow up - a Playstation 2 CGI quality/goofy looking characters TV show? Thanks Lucas, at least I know you'll be able to make another billion dollars off of the toys based off of this trashterpiece........

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Re: (MeineFolks'wagen)

none of the main actors will be providing the voices for these characters...except for c3po. I think sam jackson is doing mace.but thats it.
thats kinda balls right there... the majority of the actors actually WANTED to do the voices..but lucus didnt want them.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Re: (sassbs)

Quote, originally posted by sassbs »
none of the main actors will be providing the voices for these characters...except for c3po. I think sam jackson is doing mace.but thats it.
thats kinda balls right there... the majority of the actors actually WANTED to do the voices..but lucus didnt want them.

citation?
The live action TV series should be good as well. Have to wait 2 or so years though.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: (Minker17)

Can't wait http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Banned
2,557 Posts
FV-QR

wat i dont get is...this series must of happend before the clone wars animated series, cuz anakin kills asaj ventress already...

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Re: (MeineFolks'wagen)

Quote, originally posted by MeineFolks’wagen »
So he kills us with three horrible prequels and then this is his follow up - a Playstation 2 CGI quality/goofy looking characters TV show? Thanks Lucas, at least I know you'll be able to make another billion dollars off of the toys based off of this trashterpiece........

Anyone remember that REBOOT series?
This stuff looks disturbingly familiar (considering that was, what, like ten years ago?).

·
Banned
2,557 Posts
FV-QR

haha i remembre that!!
hey since your on par with old school cartoons.... do u remember tht cartoon that had certain scenes that you could watch in 3d ??? i remember their were alot of robot characters

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
Re: FV-QR (DuB_MaNG)

Quote, originally posted by DuB_MaNG »
wat i dont get is...this series must of happend before the clone wars animated series, cuz anakin kills asaj ventress already...

I have a feeling it's the same exact story except in CG.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Re: FV-QR (Code-7)

I was watching the trailer last night at the HULK 1201 showing and it does nothing for me. Like others have said they should have done this as something after ROTJ.

·
Banned
2,557 Posts
FV-QR

i realllly hope its not the same story line... the clone wars spanded like what 2 years? their were alot of different conflicts going on. so i hope this movie at least covers the first half the of the wars such as directly after the clone wars movie (ep 2) its the only way it'll tie into asaj ventress being still alive...

·
Banned
2,557 Posts
FV-QR

ok so i talked to my cousin 2day who went to the star wars convention in LA and he said he asked the same question. and he said that according the a few directors that the storyline takes place directly after episode 2, which explains why asaj ventress is still alive. and that also the storyline is all new in which hasnt be explained in books(which is why none of the novels talk about anakins padawan).

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Re: FV-QR (DuB_MaNG)

Lucas is brilliant. After seeing the trailer I see what he did. Keep everything from episodes 1 - 3 (backgrounds, ships, enemies, etc,...since EVERYTHING is already CGI) and just replace the only real things in the movie (the main characters) with CGI......low cost and the fans will eat it up because it has a star wars label

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Explanation please

Can someone explain to me why this movie is animated. I love Star Wars but why the change?

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: Explanation please (Sutt)

Quote, originally posted by Sutt »
Can someone explain to me why this movie is animated. I love Star Wars but why the change?

cheaper...something different...
i'm all for it..i'm really looking forward to this movie http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Re: Explanation please (The Red Baron)

As a person who grew up with the original movie series I feel it moves away from what Star Wars means as a movie. Seeing people dressed in wonderful costumes, body hunter attire, robots, or just plain weird beings helps make a Star Wars film a Star Wars film. Of course there is a lot more too it than that. I guess I just feel cheated out of a good flick. It just seems a cheaper route to go. I am sure it might not be as I know it takes a lot of money to make a CGI film. Am I just getting old here or what?

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: Explanation please (Sutt)

Well...I think Star Wars has also always been about pushing the envelope. I think Lucas likely saw this as a chance to try something new and to really push the envelope. Time will tell if it's a) any good, and b) groundbreaking.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts