VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
Re: Explanation please (The Red Baron)

Quote, originally posted by The Red Baron »
Time will tell if it's a) any good, and b) groundbreaking.

It might be good, but no way is it going to be groundbreaking. Pixar pretty much has that locked up when it comes to CGI.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: Explanation please (Prelusion98)

By groundbreaking, I guess I was referring more to it breaking grounds for a genre. To my knowledge, no one has really done a full scale epic sci-fi/action/adventure movie. Generally Pixar's movies have been kid's movies with adult appeal. I'm hoping this one is everything that a Star Wars movie should be, but using a new medium.
We'll see how it pans out....I'll see it in theaters for sure. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (Minker17)

Quote, originally posted by Minker17 »
Anyone been watching this?

The last episode was pretty good...
On that note I'm tired of droid slashing...can we see stories that take place during the trilogy please???

·
I could've been a contender.
41,106 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Minker17 »
Anyone been watching this?

my 7 year old & my 5 year old have been

·
Registered
16,388 Posts

Me and my 5 year old!
They are pretty good. better then the movie, which should have just been shown as the premier for the season.
My son loves them, which gets me excited to watch them with him!

·
Registered
19,612 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (dashrendar)

Quote, originally posted by dashrendar »
Me and my 5 year old!
They are pretty good. better then the movie, which should have just been shown as the premier for the season.
My son loves them, which gets me excited to watch them with him!

Well that's what the movie felt like, it was very episodic in nature. Lucas basically made money by showing the premiere in the theater vs on cable...
The episodes I've seen are good (they are definitely oriented to younger audiences,)...I can see this style translate very easily to home console games.

·
Premium Member
18,140 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (gizmopop)

I've been watching. I like it so far http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (The Red Baron)

i've have watched every episode and the movie, and have yet to be disappointed.

·
Premium Member
Vermonter ~ '20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
35,854 Posts
Re: STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS animated series (rider1deep)

My son and I are watching and really enjoy it. :0
I love the art style and the coloring but they are clearly saving money on movement, very stilted.
We didn't see the movie in the theater, and he hasn't seen the Star Wars movies at all yet, but he knows the whole story as we have played all the Lego Star Wars video games.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
SEASON 6 TRAILER IS BANANAS!
Well, crap, you just cost me $8 with this post. I was planning to drop Netflix at the end of this month since I seem to use Amazon Prime more, but if they're getting this... :)

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me at exactly how much more blood and money Lucas can squeeze out of this franchise. I never know whether to applaud the guy or to go cry in a corner. I can only imagine what his response would have been back in the 70's if someone were to tell him that he would never have to work another day in his life after making that movie :laugh: I'm even more surprised that they are able to squeeze six seasons out of this series as well. It's like every time I take my kids to a store that sells toys - there is always some new line of Star Wars figures for sale featuring such characters as "the guy you can kind of see blurred in the background of this one scene that was cut, was then lost, but was then found and digitally restored and replaced back into the revised version of the movie". I mean really, how long can they realistically drag this out keeping any kind of continuity in the various movies, books, games, etc. Not to mention the live action show they are supposed to be doing as well.

·
Registered
'16 Golf R (wife's)
39,936 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me at exactly how much more blood and money Lucas can squeeze out of this franchise.
Uhh, George Lucas doesn't own Star Wars anymore... He sold it all to Disney.

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Uhh, George Lucas doesn't own Star Wars anymore... He sold it all to Disney.
But the Clone Wars series pre-dates the sale doesn't it? I don't think we've seen a Disney-produced SW show yet...

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
Just started watching season 1 on netflix.. can't believe how good of a production each episode is. The camera work and visual effects are just like the movies.. and this is an animated TV show? Tons of work goes into these episodes. Aside from Jar Jar, and somewhat dumbed down dialogs for kids, it's been pretty entertaining to watch.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
Just started watching season 1 on netflix.. can't believe how good of a production each episode is. The camera work and visual effects are just like the movies.. and this is an animated TV show? Tons of work goes into these episodes. Aside from Jar Jar, and somewhat dumbed down dialogs for kids, it's been pretty entertaining to watch.
^^^ this.

Bumping this old thread...

Started watching this a few weeks back on Netflix -- it's definitely worth a look if you're a Star Wars fan. Thought season 1 was kinda uneven, but into season 2 now and I'm surprised at how good it is. It is a little on the cheesy side at times, esp. the battle droid dialog, which sometimes breaks the 4th wall, but is sometimes legitimately lol-worthy. Seems like the animators occasionally use the battle droids to give voice to their own thoughts as they're writing the show :laugh:

Word to the wise: for some crazy reason, they aired the episodes out of order. If you want to watch them in chronological order, use this list:

http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

41 - 60 of 71 Posts