VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Atlas R-Line; 2019 330xi M-Sport
32,648 Posts
I watched it on Netflix with my sons... I was quite surprised at how good of a show it was. The silliness gradually fades away. Some of the later episodes are legitimately quite dark.

IIRC this show is included in the new canon, correct?

·
Registered
6,742 Posts
And now I'm watching Rebels on the Disney channel. Never thought I would watch anything on this channel. I've never seen the movie The Clone Wars. Just the series.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I watched it on Netflix with my sons... I was quite surprised at how good of a show it was. The silliness gradually fades away. Some of the later episodes are legitimately quite dark.

IIRC this show is included in the new canon, correct?
Yes. Canon = the 6 movies, TCW (movie + series), Rebels, and the books and comics released since Force Friday (9/4/2015).

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
Is it still on Netflix ? I don't seem to find it. :(

·
Registered
22,296 Posts
Still shows on Netflix for me.

Season 6 is better than the last three clone war live action movies IMO!

I mean really, how long can they realistically drag this out keeping any kind of continuity in the various movies, books, games, etc. Not to mention the live action show they are supposed to be doing as well.
This is an entire fictional universe with a thousand year history. Disney could drag this out for decades and still only scratch the surface. Personally I loved the exploration in the Clone Wars era and the upcoming anthologies will be an interesting departure into the in-between moments of the original movies.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,404 Posts
And now I'm watching Rebels on the Disney channel. Never thought I would watch anything on this channel. I've never seen the movie The Clone Wars. Just the series.
Rebels is no where near as good as Clone Wars. A lot more cheesy, a lot more targeted to young kids. I was disappointed, but it wasn't long anyways.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Yeah, TCW is a lot better than Rebels.

Halfway thru season 4 now -- just finished the Umbara arc. Wow.

There's still a fair amount of goofy stuff, but man, when it's good, it's REALLY good. The visuals at their best match anything in any of the films.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Bumping this since S7 drops on D+ next week.

Have been doing a little rewatch of some of the best (IMO) arcs -- Mandalore & Maul, the final one with Yoda in S6, and the one with Ahsoka being framed that ends S5.

Good stuff :thumbup:

61 - 71 of 71 Posts