VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have problems with their start up? It feels like the engine wants to stall when I start it and as if the flywheel is so heavy. It also like jerks the car. You can clearly tell it isn't a smooth start up. Maybe the starter? Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Does anyone have problems with their start up? It feels like the engine wants to stall when I start it and as if the flywheel is so heavy. It also like jerks the car. You can clearly tell it isn't a smooth start up. Maybe the starter? Any ideas?
mine rarely starts on the first try if the car has been sitting for a day or 2. other times it starts up but struggles to do so for just a second. other times it acts fine. last night i had it towed to the dealer cuz it wouldnt start at all. good luck

·
Registered
149 Posts
i have the same problem, i usually just put the key in, wait till the dash lights up then start the car, stealership said it was normal

·
Registered
321 Posts
Mine did over the winter, ESPECIALLY if I let the car sit for more than a day. These 2.0T's don't like to sit. In the winter months, make sure you start the car at least once a day & either drive around the block for 10 mins/or let car sit for 25 mins. As for what could be going bad, it could be anything from spark plugs to the flapper motor or failed exaust lifters & most likely carbon build up in tha intake valves. I myself think I have to get my flapper motor checked out. Good luck bro.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine did over the winter, ESPECIALLY if I let the car sit for more than a day. These 2.0T's don't like to sit. In the winter months, make sure you start the car at least once a day & either drive around the block for 10 mins/or let car sit for 25 mins. As for what could be going bad, it could be anything from spark plugs to the flapper motor or failed exaust lifters & most likely carbon build up in tha intake valves. I myself think I have to get my flapper motor checked out. Good luck bro.
I just got my Intake Motor Flap changed, new spark plugs and had my injectors cleaned on tuesday and BOYYYYYYY tha power im getting once i put my foot on tha gas pedal....i recommend getting you Intake Motor Flap changed as soon as you think/feel or get a code up on it....I got this done because one morning last week when i started my car up it hesitated and i got misfires,but after about a minute or so it went away....i was told i had carbon built up in it and i had a code for tha intake motor flap (P2015)

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
carbon buildup on the spark plugs can cause it too.

·
Registered
455 Posts
carbon on the injectors, in the intake make these cars VERY sad, esp at start up. Take it and drive the heck out of it. That will help. If you don't have an MIL try putting premium in it and drive it!

If the MIL is on, then get it scanned. I have seen the fuel pump module go out and cause this too.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am definitely going to try and get mine changed and checked out. Do you know the average cost to replace the intake motor flap?

·
Registered
143 Posts
ecstuning has them for $170sumthing.....tha cost of labor i wouldnt know cause i had a friend put mines in :)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I just got my Intake Motor Flap changed, new spark plugs and had my injectors cleaned on tuesday and BOYYYYYYY tha power im getting once i put my foot on tha gas pedal....i recommend getting you Intake Motor Flap changed as soon as you think/feel or get a code up on it....I got this done because one morning last week when i started my car up it hesitated and i got misfires,but after about a minute or so it went away....i was told i had carbon built up in it and i had a code for tha intake motor flap (P2015)
Exactly what did they do to clean your injectors?

·
Registered
143 Posts
All i know is that i saw him open my hood,unhooked a hose,clamped it on one end (to stop air flow i believe) and fulled up a can (wit a temp. clock on it and a hose comin from it) with sum kind of injector cleaner. He then told me to stay in tha car and hold tha gas pedal down lite not hard. Tha whole thing took about 30minutes. All n All,once he was done and i drove off,i felt a difference in power. I had power b4 but it just felt like more. I dont know if it was just him cleaning tha injectors or a total of things i had done that day :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts