VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the Stasis Track sport suspension worth the extra $1000 over the street sport suspension? I know the dampner adjustability on the track's is nice since you don't have to remove them from the car first, but not sure it's worth it. any thoughts?
Also, do you have to completely remove them to adjust the ride height? or can you do it with the car elevated?

· Registered
363 Posts
Re: Stasis coilovers... (Wolfsburg1.8)

Quote, originally posted by Wolfsburg1.8 »
Is the Stasis Track sport suspension worth the extra $1000 over the street sport suspension? I know the dampner adjustability on the track's is nice since you don't have to remove them from the car first, but not sure it's worth it. any thoughts?
Also, do you have to completely remove them to adjust the ride height? or can you do it with the car elevated?

Hello,
What are your intentions with the car? Street? Track?
STaSIS is a very good choice!
Brandon

· Registered
1,327 Posts

I am running the Tracksports and having the adjustability on the shocks is very nice. Just pop the hood to adjust the fronts, but the rears are a bit more trouble to adjust.
I would say it is worth it on any $40,000 car.

· Registered
363 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Wolfsburg1.8 »
street and CCA events.

If you plan to be tracking the car at all - I would highly recommend the Track Sports. The Street Sports are really not designed for any track use. Let me know if we can help - we are currently running a few STaSIS specials.
Thanks!
Brandon

· Registered
1,444 Posts
Re: Stasis coilovers... ([email protected])

I agree that you will definitely want to choose the track sports for any type of tracking. Another option is the PSS9 from Bilstein that utilizes linear springs that may be upgraded (not that people have wanted too) and they offer a single adjustment knob that adjust BOTH rebound and compression in a specially determined ratio to make track adjustments extremely simple. The track sport is only rebound adjustable. The PSS9 kit is not fully adjustable on the vehicle as well. The tracksport is not. The PSS9 is also about $500 cheaper. Both are fantastic kits, however, but those are a couple of differences that I have been condsidering for my car as I have considered both kits now. cheers! Mike

· Registered
7,320 Posts
Re: Stasis coilovers... (bhvrdr)

I love my Stasis Tracksports... running 600# fronts and 1000# rear springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.