VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mk5 bagged gti. There is a knocking sound coming from what seem to be the driver side when I make a right turn (under acceleration only) and I'm Not rubbing on anything I'm aired up with and inch and a half wheel gap.

Now my steering wheel has started to shake on occasion and just today it started wanting to pull hard right while shaking but only then so it shouldn't be my alignment, right? I've checked just about everything I can think of and haven't found anything abnormal.

Has anyone else encountered this problem or possibly know what the problem could be? Maybe it's just something simple that I'm not thinking about and overlooking.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked all cv joints and changed 2 of them that i thought could be causing the problem but the sound is still there and getting worse, the shaking the wheel is gone and i think that was caused by the one cv joint. but i still cannot figure out what is causing the knocking/popping sound. any ideas???

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.