VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so today im goin over a bridge on a road called timberpoint rd. after the bridge theres a really nice tight left hander that opens up to the southern state parkway, this is all at the entrence to hecksher state park...so theres no one ever around...anyway now that you have the senario....i was in second @ 35 mph about to enter the turn...the car starts to under steer a bit, so i mash the gas an it pulls threw. after i streighten out my steering wheel is cocked about 20 degrees to the left....one hard yoke of the wheel to the right, it kinda went back, after taken a right hander it was back to normal...i know the rack bushings ar bad, but the tie rods, ball joints, an all the bushings are new...should i replace the rack???
thanks

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Re: steering rack ??? whats goin on????? (dubster-11)

oh poop that sounds scary............i had rack tie-rod problems b4 and its more even give each direction...........yeh sounds like your rack need attention urgently!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.