VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being that i'm 6' tall i find that in order to be positioned to operate my pedals correctly i have to move my seat quit far back. but then the steering wheel is too far away for my liking. my question is this, is it possible to get different lengths of adaptors for our steering wheels. i have a vw wheel right now and if the only way to change this was with an after market one then i would definetly consider it. does anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Re: steering wheel position Q: (Silver4dr)

yep same deal.
Ideally I'd like the wheel about one inch lower and an inch or two closer to me.
Im sure you could have a machinist rig up some kind of spline adapter if its that important to you..
I've lived with mine for the past 6 years though.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts

making one for a stock wheel would be hard..
however, now that i think about it.. it would be reallly easy to shim a momo wheel behind the 6 alan bolts to bring it closer to you..
it would just require a block of aluminum the desired thickness.. drilling 6 holes to mate up with the one on the wheel.. and then machining the whole thing round
(imagine a hockey puck with 6 holes in it)
hey.. wait a minute.. is brad jar still around this forum?

[Modified by lyledriver, 3:41 PM 4-8-2002]

·
Registered
8,406 Posts

What about a Corrado G60 steering wheel? They have depth to the design where the late GTI wheel is flat. Know what I mean? I think this would do the trick perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.