VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out the front-rear control arms on my A41.8TQM. Afterwards I felt a slight vibration through the wheel but most noticably at 80-90mph, my tires are also dunlop sport A2's so they are kinda cheap... is it the new bushings being very tight? I have to unbolt one of the subframe bolts on each side to change the arms and I pulled the subfram down to release the control arm, then bolted it back using 81ft/lbs like the manual says. I dont notice the car pulling to any side, will the control arms change the alignment at all? they dont look adjustable, but the old ones had some play in them. Also I notice my car being a little bouncy at 74k miles could my shocks be blown? I have S4 shocks waiting to go on right now though, they have 5k miles on them but have been sitting for a year, but im waiting to get the sport springs to put them on.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Re: Steering wheel vibration at highway speeds... (Cimper43)

Bouncy-after hitting a bump the car ocillates up and down a bit before settling down?
SHOCKS/STRUTS wearing out. I agree.
Tires vibrating at speed..... out of balance? Proper inflation?
If the control arms are even slightly shorter or longer the alignment could be thrown off.
Worth a check.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts