VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys my steering wheel vibrates slightly at highway speeds. It did it with my old 18s and i assumed one of the weights fell off and they were out of balance. I had my alignment done last summer and i haven't hit any big potholes,etc.
I have some 15s on right now and the vibration is still there?
what could be causing this?

· Registered
1,298 Posts
Re: steering wheel vibrations? (lsc2g)

i think it might be your weight. as i get fatter and fatter over the winter months, i find that the car wobbles alot (since the weight distribution is off ). so when summer hits, it balances out again.
jks
check your tire pressure? but then again, since you're rolling on 15's and 18's and same diff., maybe something else. sorry can't be of help.

· Registered
2,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my previous 18s were RHs and didn't need hub rings.. and rightnow i have 15" OEM avus..
my car is an 03 so i dunno what it would be i have some 19s going on right away i guess if it does it with those i'll have to get it checked out

· Registered
3,483 Posts
Re: steering wheel vibrations? (lsc2g)

I will be interested to know if you find out what it is.
I am having a similar problem with ym GTI.
I have 19's and I get a vibration on the highway... that strange thing is it only seems to happen as I accelerate.
I am hoping a good re-balance will cure it. I have hub-rings, and my car only has 3,000 miles so I am sure nothing is worn, nor the brakes warped..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.