VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after doing a fair amount of research on an 04 touareg ( beautiful car ) I came to the conclusion that it was a safe bet that all it needed was the codes cleared and I would have a high end suv for cheap. 600 used. After 250 usd in diagnostic and alot of head scratching , I gave up. Took it to a mechanic who promised the world and delivered nothing. Another 300 used. Are all VW mechanics Schuster? I think I learned enough in these forums to know when I an being lied to and they were laying it down thick. So now I'm into it for 1200 with no progress towards the fix. Selling the cats ( cali ) and let pick a part have it. I loose a couple hundred and never got to drive it. Hopes this helps someone with a bright idea like me.

·
Registered
1999 Audi A4 Stroker Build in Progress S200SXE, Custom Megasquirt ECU, ABA Forged Crank and more
1,284 Posts
after doing a fair amount of research on an 04 touareg ( beautiful car ) I came to the conclusion that it was a safe bet that all it needed was the codes cleared and I would have a high end suv for cheap. 600 used. After 250 usd in diagnostic and alot of head scratching , I gave up. Took it to a mechanic who promised the world and delivered nothing. Another 300 used. Are all VW mechanics Schuster? I think I learned enough in these forums to know when I an being lied to and they were laying it down thick. So now I'm into it for 1200 with no progress towards the fix. Selling the cats ( cali ) and let pick a part have it. I loose a couple hundred and never got to drive it. Hopes this helps someone with a bright idea like me.
You didnt really provide any info on what sorts of issues/symptoms the car has so its hard to make a judgment. As I'm sure you know 600 dollars for any car is a gamble. When you fix one issue other issues tend to arise so its not likely the mechanic was in it to pull a quick buck. Bad mechanics develop bad reputations and in turn often loose customers. That's not to say that there are no bad mechanics. Like I said idk the situation so its hard to say what happened.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts