VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
13,875 Posts
Lol. I love when this happens. My husband had a civic when I first met him and it was delivered with a light gray passenger door interior panel even though it had a black interior.

·
Registered
10,520 Posts
I think (and dont quote me on it) someone told me they did it on on purpose due to parts shortages it was easier and cheaper to send them down the line wrong and they would warranty them later when the correct parts are available.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
I've seen way worse than a seatbelt, 2 different colored front seats. plain as day. Guessing colorblind workers, and colorblind "QA".

Probably more of the dont stop the line for any reason, its cheaper to make it someone elses problem later.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
110% love driving my 2022 Trailhawk, and the fact that it's a "one and done" as a gas/non-EV I know I scored in terms of future resale / cult status. That said, while the vehicle itself has an incredibly designed chassis (tons of aluminum, air & active suspension, only weighs 4700lbs) and the interior is tight and rattle free, I can confirm Stellanis is absolutely third-tier when it comes to quality control. Mine had the following issues:

1. Delivered w/o mudflaps or the hood / fender paint protection. Ordered it that way, they just skipped it to get mine out the door (6+ month wait...). Ordered the mud flaps on my own and decided I don't need the paint film since the Trailhawk has a huge anti-glare decal to begin with.
  2. Underneath the driver's side floormat it was covered in crushed rocks and dust, like someone with really dirty work boots sat in it and drove it (my car did have 37 miles on the odometer when I took delivery). Vacuumed that up, but still...
  3. Both front and rear passenger side doors each had a weird metallic 'spec' in them that had a bit of a paint bubble around it & under the clear coat. Stellanis won't pay the dealer for it since it wasn't discovered w/in 24 hours of being taken off the truck. The dealer's body shop is fixing that at their expense.
Despite all that, still love it. Gets tons of attention due to the wheel/tire combo, two-tone paint, and hood decals; if someone is parking when I am they nearly always comment or ask about it. The adjustable suspension and AWD automatically dials itself in for any situation, but knowing what I know about Stellanis I made sure to get their Maxcare warranty from an online dealer to make sure all the expensive tech is covered for 8y/85k.

Automotive design Window Automotive exterior Hood Rim

·
Registered
Audi S4, e-Tron, and a Toyota appliance
18,070 Posts
Supply be d****d? Maybe Jeep ran out of beige seat belts before shipping. :p I know that the current production of VW Atlas is not getting blind spot detection due to supply issues.

·
Registered
22,581 Posts
I've mentioned this before but in the late 90s/early 2000s, a friend's mom bought a brand new GS300 and it had one non-matching interior pillar. As far as I recall, it was beige all the way around and one of the B-pillars was black.

Reactions: kä_käferbär

·
Premium Member
Luft und Wasser
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How many people saw that before it left the factory and didn’t say anything. Maybe 30?
One post from that reddit thread:

I used to do quality inspections at the Jefferson North (WK/WD) and Mack (WL) plants. You'd be ****ing amazed at the **** that come out of those plants.

Saw Grand Cherokee SRT with a "Diesel" lift gate badge. Color mismatched "Grand Cherokee" door emblems from one side to the other. Chrome and Black belt line molding mixed and matched on different windows. Loose/missing seat bolts. It goes on and on.

There are about 20 different people who look at these cars at End Of Line at both plants. Lol. Chrysler Quality.

·
Registered
22,581 Posts
One post from that reddit thread:
A year or so ago someone posted in the MK7 forum about his Mk7.5 purchase and people realized his hatch was badged as a Golf.

Reactions: kä_käferbär

·
Premium Member
Luft und Wasser
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A year or so ago someone posted in the MK7 forum about his Mk7.5 purchase and people realized his hatch was badged as a Golf.
I'm sure practically no manufacturer is free from these little bungles here and there, but reading that reddit thread, the Stellantis/FCA horror stories are astounding. How the hell do car manufacturers even operate like this? It makes me realize that reputation for quality isn't as big of a factor for them as we'd hope.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts