VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dub Society is a group of European automobile enthusiasts based out of Stevens Point, WI. Our mission is to gather other like minded auto enthusiasts from the central WI area for monthly meets to just generally shoot the sh!t about all things car related. Our core members are mature adults looking to engage in mindful discussions about automobiles and share acquired knowledge with others. We do not profile, stereotype or judge others based on their personal style. Cars of all makes and models are welcome, but keep in mind this will be European-centric group of individuals.

Our current plans are to meet on the last Sunday each month (subject to change) at a local eatery with enough parking to facilitate a large gathering of automobiles. As of now, it looks like Mikey's in Plover (next to Menards) will be our tentative meeting spot.

The establishment of this group is long overdue. I've personally noticed quite a few cars around town that likely have owners who would like to do this sort of thing.

If anyone is interested in becoming a member of the group, make yourself known here. Post up a picture of your car(s) and tell us all a little bit about yourself!!!!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is my '04 Jetta GLI, the car that started all this VW madness for me. I got it back in 05 with 8,000 miles on it and it currently has 85k. Garaged in the winter most of it's life..it only saw two or three winters.

I also have a 2003 Audi allroad, and a 2010 Tiguan. Pics of those some other day.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here's my '03 Allroad. 6 speed MT 2.7t. Starkenwagen Stage I+ tune. She's my winter "beater" and my summertime family trip cruiser. Definitely a labor of love.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Steve I've always thought you were a clear water dubs brother!! lol
I've never established myself as an official CWD member, although hopefully an honorary member. Fact of the matter is, those boys are 2 1/2 hours away from me. Not very easy to get together other than a few shows in the summer.

But still CWD represent! When we get a few more members, I envision an anchorman style knife fight.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw you order a few parts from us(kocourek) last weekend. What for?
Yeah, now I have to drive up there, damn it.

stupid toe bolts for the allroad are seized in the bushings so I can't adjust the rear toe. Sawzall, new toe arms, bolts and a few hours or work should fix it right up. Not looking forward to it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah, now I have to drive up there, damn it.

stupid toe bolts for the allroad are seized in the bushings so I can't adjust the rear toe. Sawzall, new toe arms, bolts and a few hours or work should fix it right up. Not looking forward to it.
pay over the phone and i can bring em on sunday.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.