VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The time has come. In the past 5 years, I've modded to my hearts content, beyond in a couple of cases. Parts off of this will more than likely be popping up on the classified board, keep your eyes peeled.

Its been fun, but I'm due and so is she. Definitely a fun ride.

Modified by b4after53b at 3:11 PM 9-9-2005

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Stick a fork in it, its done.... (izzo)

Quote, originally posted by izzo »
What's wrong with the car?

Well, the big one is the fact it wont pass smog for several reasons:
The timing is way off.
2.9l intake w/o EGR.
No sec. air pump.
It burns alot of oil.
Runs good (dyno'd @ 170 at the wheels (Cat 268 cams)) but a poluter for sure.

Beyond that, The front motor mount bracket is toast
I just had the front struts replaced (just the front) with stock struts, so it sits a little higher now, maybe an inch? I was forced to because the old Weitecs were toast and contributed to two cracked wheels (Borbet type Ts by the way). I had the wheels welded so theyre ok for now.
The bottom line is the engine needs to be rebuilt and a few other minor things sorted. I dotn have the time or patience anymore. Theres a blue GTO calling my name!

Edited to add: I will say that out on the open road, I absolutely LOVE this car, the Alpine and amps make driving around fun too.

Here's a few more pics of it:

Modified by b4after53b at 11:44 PM 9-9-2005

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Stick a fork in it, its done.... (shortys7777)

Sounds like I wont have a problem parting her out!
Black leather A3 seats up front, Black leather seat skins in the back. I never got my hands on leather door cards.

· Registered
1,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: Stick a fork in it, its done.... (Shikaroka)

No decisions on prices yet. The lip WAS a Reiger GTS...Its passed into history.
Weekend Update: The Front motor mount went bad and is being replaced. I didnt want to put the money into it, but have no choice at this point. I need to commute till I get a new car.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.