VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering putting an APR sticker on my car but I don't want to do any damage if I decided to remove it down the road. The sticker is like those stupid Calvin Peeing on Terrorism, or Chevy, or Ford decals where it is just the letters, no background.
My question is will these come off easily and how would I remove them? Also, where should I put them so that they will be removable with less chance of damage (i.e. windows, on metal, plastic, etc.).

·
Registered
11,197 Posts
Re: Sticker Removal... (WolfsburgTurbo)

hmm if its like any other sticker you put on a car.. Then slap it on just make sure to clean the surface. And removing, use a hair dryer to soften it up and your finger nails to gently pull it away.. As long as its not 3 years later you decide to take it off it should be fine.
samc

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Re: Sticker Removal... (WolfsburgTurbo)

Don't put it on the paint then. If you're unsure if you intend to keep it, put it on the window. it'll be easier to remove, and you won't have to worry about damaging the paint.
Most decals are made from vinyl and can be removed by using a hair dryer to heat it, and then peel it away with your fingernail. Use an adhesive remover to get rid of any extra sticky stuff. WD-40 also works, but it may damage the paint..

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Sticker Removal... (ShyGuy)

Right, I have Goo-Gone and I used it to de-badge. My question is how would I remove these particular stickers seeing that they are not regular stickers, more like decals.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.