VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11,567 Posts
Re: Sticker theory... (M0)

each inch of racing stripe gives 5 hp. if you have 2 racing stripes it doubles to 10 hp for every inch.
If they are offset thats another +15 hp.
chrome anything is +20
yellow is +25
red is +15
and all other colors are +5

chrome badges are +25
type r badges are +30.
so the most powerful car you could possibly build would be
2 offset 12 inch stripes of rainbow colors with a chrome Rs on them
2*12=24 inches
24in*5hp/in* 2=240hp. + 2badges*30hp=300hp. +15 for offset=315hp.
+25(yellow)+15(red)+5*5(all other rainbow colors)=380
so the fastest car that is possible to build has a mad tight 380 horsepowaz. only with one easy mod.

·
Registered
2,850 Posts

This is starting to sound like Dungeons & Dragons...
Type R sticker does 2d6 + 2 pionts of damage! Make a saving throw against NAWZ emissions!

[Modified by larkind, 2:49 PM 8-1-2002]

·
Banned
9,779 Posts
Re: Sticker theory... (John A)

quote:[HR][/HR]

but it was DAAAAAAMN fast. [HR][/HR]​
I got pics of John Rudy's Town Car this past weekend, autocrossing, and some in-car video of it the previous event. He's an excellent driver, and the car works way better than anyone expects (at an all Ford meet this past weekend, he was moved to the "non-Ford" class, and set 3rd or 4th fastest time of day overall...)
The Type R badge must be the reason.

·
Banned
5,228 Posts

I took a bunch of stickers (actual products on my 16v) and put them on magnetic backing so I can put them on when I auto-x. First time w/ them on this past weekend and guess what? I wasn't any faster. Just wait 'til I find the Honda guy that told me that was my E-ticket straight to the podium.
Oh, but it looked faster.

·
Registered
956 Posts

If you use some country-specific stickers like "Powered by Vietnam" or "Pinoy Speed" that's 10 hp per sticker. "Powered by Honda" gives 25 hp. Of course "Type R" sticker makes your car practically invincible.

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
Re: Sticker theory... (Version2.0)

what would a vortext sticker be worth at the wheels

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
Re: Sticker theory... (jacobyb)

Hmm I have vwvortex.com (in blue) and NorcalVW in silver on one side, and just NorcalVW on the other side.. so that's about 10-15 hp on average, depending on the phase of the moon, and since I have smoked corner lenses, side markers and I have fog lights my light output is enhanced, hence the photon stream is released at a higher speed, creating downforce under the car, which means about 20 hp released from the sticker charger system.
I would install a racing stripe, but the problem is if it's ofset at the wrong side, the car will torque steer, understeer, oversteer, and low-side when running lean, or even high side when running rich! Hence I'll need a laptop with a standalone fuel management system, so I can shut it when I'm running 500 shot of nawz, in the 1/4 mile, else I will enter an uncontrolled intertia drift at 140 mph when running my 9 second 1/4 mile. Be right back, installing my motec system exhaust (6" piping, and 8" tip.. most be good for 30 hp, depending on the electro magentic field in my air intake created by the wiring to my fogs).

·
Registered
16,108 Posts

let's HEAR them
ok, here is the real deal
TYPE R Is extra 200HP must have
tinted gloss tires are extra 6 BHP
NOS stickers are 70 HP
twin turbo badge are over 400HP
yokohama tires stickers are 5 HP although they still runs michiellen winters
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif