VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

141 - 160 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Contacted AoA today for the breakdown of 2013 Panther Black Crystal.
Have to say the girl on the phone was confused and unhelpful.
They said they'd call me by Wednesday.
Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Contacted Audi of America as well. Hope to hear back from them in the next few days.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ok, I heard back from AoA today, here is what they said on the 2012 TT RS sales numbers for Monza Silver Pearl:

"Thank you for contacting Audi of America in regard to your sporty and dynamic 2012 Audi TT RS. It is always a pleasure to hear from one of our Audi fans! We appreciate you inquiring about the exclusivity of your Audi. It is my pleasure to assist you.

Per your request, I am providing you with production numbers for the 2012 Audi TT RS.

There were 642 model year 2012 Audi TT RS 2.5 Coupe 2-door, 6-speed Quattro vehicles sold in the U.S.

There were 53 model year 2012 Audi TT RS 2.5 Coupe 2-door, 6-speed Quattro vehicles with Monza Silver Pearl Effect exteriors sold in the U.S.

There were 53 model year 2012 Audi TT RS 2.5 Coupe 2-door, 6-speed Quattro vehicles with Monza Silver Pearl Effect exteriors and Black interiors sold in the U.S. "

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wonder why in my response, Audi stated 642 2012 TT RS' sold in the US, but the prior number given out looked like 641. Anyone else receive 641 or 642?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Wow, there are a lot of exclusives out there based on these numbers. I distinctly remeber that one light blue in NJ. It was ordered then the guy backed out or something. It was that light blue Porsche uses. Other then that one, I haven't seen any others.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow, there are a lot of exclusives out there based on these numbers. I distinctly remeber that one light blue in NJ. It was ordered then the guy backed out or something. It was that light blue Porsche uses. Other then that one, I haven't seen any others.

Wow, Looks like that Minerva Blue color RUF uses. Would look incredible with some slightly darker rims. Agreed though, there must have been quite a few exclusives out there.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
There's that one, the Porsche grey/tan one in SoCal, wasn't there the woman on here with Volcano, I've seen a solar orange one listed and then of course the Impanema out here and mine.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
There's that one, the Porsche grey/tan one in SoCal, wasn't there the woman on here with Volcano, I've seen a solar orange one listed and then of course the Impanema out here and mine.
Kim has the Volcano and it's already captured along with yours. I forgot about the Impanema one.

·
Banned
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
What I'm thinking, is there isn't so much as a lot of exclusive orders, but demo, and dealership orders that never made it into the lotting for "consumer" sale, but still went against counting for US production figure totals. There were many, many demos, and of course most of those are usually not in condition for "new car sales" and are scrapped.

and I question the accuracy of the 20+ exclusive nimbus grey count...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
What I'm thinking, is there isn't so much as a lot of exclusive orders, but demo, and dealership orders that never made it into the lotting for "consumer" sale, but still went against counting for US production figure totals. There were many, many demos, and of course most of those are usually not in condition for "new car sales" and are scrapped.

and I question the accuracy of the 20+ exclusive nimbus grey count...
The Nimbus Grey were the last 29 sold. Called the Final Edition or something.

http://fourtitude.com/news/audi_exc...rey-tt-rs-final-edition-at-the-audi-exchange/

141 - 160 of 195 Posts