my clutch seems to stick a bit up top too
also the engagement feels kinda high
ppl have posted about this before, and no real answers were found
from what i know, only one person on here has had to replace their clutch

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Re: Sticky Clutch (9 RICE)

I have the stick, goes into the dealer on the 28th. It sticks about 1/2" from the top from time to time. I'm guessing the return spring is binding on something, it eventually pops up and hits the bottom of my shoe. I'll let you know what happens. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
BTW, a friend with a new GLI has the same issue.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Re: Sticky Clutch (Mr. Ginster)

This sounds more to me like the fork/throwout bearing are binding up on something. I can't imagine a return spring getting unhappy causing this. Actually, is there even a return spring? I would imagine there isn't and that it's the pressure plate's job to push the pedal back into position.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Re: Sticky Clutch (Mr. Ginster)

Nicely diagrammed! I feel this on occasion, too, and it's definitely after the clutch is fully engaged. It kind of pops up into the sole of my shoe.
I have noticed that it only seems to happen during my first few shifts after it's been sitting a while. Also, it's one of these things that's barely noticeable then goes away, so it's not really an annoyance for me personally.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Re: Sticky Clutch (9 RICE)

Quote, originally posted by 9 RICE »
ive noticed it
my clutch seems to stick a bit up top too
also the engagement feels kinda high
ppl have posted about this before, and no real answers were found
from what i know, only one person on here has had to replace their clutch

i went to the dealer for the high engagement issue...and my friend who was the tech taht looked at it said its normal...so i guess its how they all grab once broken in?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: (NJVR6er)

i posted this back when i first got my car (feb)
never got an answer..
i was working at a vw dealer at the time, and the service manager and some of the techs who were friends of mine, didnt want to risk taking apart the clutch unless they knew what the problem was..
mine went away with time (about a month) and the problem has never come back.
sometimes though when i shift i let off the clutch completly and it feels like its engaged but the car wont go anywhere, all of a sudden it like pops and the car lurches.
dont know what thats all about..
im afraid to take my car into the dealer for clutch problems for fear of them laughing in my face...
i guess i could try to take it back to my old work, but dont really wanna go back there :/

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Re: (NJVR6er)

i posted this back when i first got my car (feb)
never got an answer..
i was working at a vw dealer at the time, and the service manager and some of the techs who were friends of mine, didnt want to risk taking apart the clutch unless they knew what the problem was..
mine went away with time (about a month) and the problem has never come back.
sometimes though when i shift i let off the clutch completly and it feels like its engaged but the car wont go anywhere, all of a sudden it like pops and the car lurches.
dont know what thats all about..
im afraid to take my car into the dealer for clutch problems for fear of them laughing in my face...
i guess i could try to take it back to my old work, but dont really wanna go back there :/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.