VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Y'all I'm struggling. I bought this car a week ago, and the next day the CEL comes on. I return it to the Audi dealership where they reset the code and send me on my way. It pops again, then we end up stalled in an intersection--bad luck, bad battery--apologies all around. They return us to the dealer, fix the battery, suggest the local VW shop because there is a warranty to be applied. So we make that appointment a week later. I go in, and I swear to you all they did was reset the code. They said they did an "update". I asked for the specifics, but they would not say then ushered me to sign. The CEL popped again. I felt super "womaned" when he wouldn't answer the questions or address that the Audi dealership said it was the O2 sensor. Ushered to sign and leave. Less than 12 hours later, CEL is back on. Took it back, explained I'm a little miffed and they'd have not done this to my husband. Of course he denied all that, but evidence suggests otherwise. I don't think I've ever heard a man sent to the cashier when they asked about the services provided. Anyway, they didn't listen and they reset the code, took my car for half a day, and still didn't answer my question about it smelling like 02 when I unloaded groceries. It's a real specific smell if you've not smelled it. So here are my questions--Is there actually a current update? How do you know that? I asked if there was a text or email notification system, because if my new car is going to throw a light every two weeks, I need to know if it is an update or if it is an issue. Secondly, are they dependable. I mean this car has 28k miles and is well under warranty. Will I be back at this shop (let's be honest, it won't be THIS shop) every two weeks? I love this little SUV, seriously. Is this really the norm?

·
Registered
10,109 Posts
Have you checked your paperwork to see if the actual code number was documented anywhere? Just clearing the code is poor practice, especially if it repeatedly comes on. My suggestion would be to get to an auto parts store and see if they will scan the car for you. They should for free. Then you can at least have a code number.

·
Registered
89,640 Posts
Where are you located and what dealer is doing this?

Once we know your region, we can direct you to the specific forum on here to find a local enthusiast who can scan it for you with VCDS.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.