VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: stipid question. Wher is my transmission Dipstick on my 1998 GTI? (Clean97GTi)

Intresting. I need to buy a manual for this car, Do you know where i can check the fluid levils?
thanks again

· Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: stipid question. Wher is my transmission Dipstick on my 1998 GTI? (jettagtx16v)

<<you have to plug a vag computer into this to check the level>>
your kidding right? Can you tell me what a VAG is. hehe You said VAG huh huh huh

· Registered
439 Posts
Re: stipid question. Wher is my transmission Dipstick on my 1998 GTI? (Lotust)

yep you have to plug a vag in. Be very carefull if you plan on adding fluid, there are a few holes on the bell housing that look freindly...pour anything in them and your transmission is done for. Buy a bently manual and you'll learn everyhitng you need to know. Why not just change your tranny fluid to redline instead of worrying about the level, its probably just as much work.
CHris

· Registered
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: stipid question. Wher is my transmission Dipstick on my 1998 GTI? (Chrismilli)

dam german trans.
wow i really need to get this bently book. Does anyone know of a cheap place online to buy one?

· Registered
10,057 Posts

Now I know why I've always had manual tranny...to check fluid you just stick your finger in the hole and if it feels wet its good...come to think of it that applies elsewhere too! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
439 Posts

hes talking about a manual tranny, or at least I was. If automatic then take it to your dealer its all pressurized and such.
Chris
My bad I read over his origonal post and he is talking about an automatic. Last time I heard you cant to that yourself.

[Modified by Chrismilli, 4:59 PM 4-6-2002]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.