VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, quick question. Tried searching already. I've had my 20th AE for almost 6 months, and I've noticed black bumps in between the spokes of the rim. I first noticed it when I cleaned the rims after the first week I had the car. Anyone else have the same problem? If so, any solution/way to clean them off? I use the Eagle One All Wheel and Tire cleaner. It takes the brake dust off and make the rims look brand new, but I've been noticing more black bumps recently.
Thanks!
-Raj

· Registered
502 Posts
Re: Stock 20th AE Rims (GTI2856)

You need to get rid of those stock dust-machine pads! Almost ANY aftermarket pad will dramatically cut down on the black dust which is what's causing the probelm. I like Mintex Red Box for the street. Almost no dust and NO squealing! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about switching pads, but I've heard that some of the aftermarket pads, including the Mintex, reduce braking performance. I love it when I barely touch the brake pedal and I'm stopped! Any other opinions on aftermarket brake pad performance compared to stock?
Thanks!
-Raj

· Registered
1,968 Posts
Re: (GTI2856)

i am planning on switching to the red box, a buddy of mine (addm) has the hawk hps and they are SO LOUD. i just got don yesterday with cleaning my wheel/wheel wells. i used "color restorer" by meguires. worked perfect, it even got everything on the inside of my wheel. they were so clean, they looked brand new, somthing most people forget when detailing their cars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.