VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lately my 6 disc changer only works when i wants to... It works on and off every 10 minutes, but once one CD does play it plays the whole cd without error...
When I turn on my car and my stock 6disc cd changer it does work for about 10 minutes, the screen reads "CD err" then it shuffles to the next cd and reads again "CD err" it does this for a while until one cd finally works... I have two magazines and it does it to both of them.. with any combination of CD's...
A few weeks back my battery died and I had to jump it... Could this have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
5,682 Posts
Re: Stock 6disc changer acting up... Anyone else? (2kjettaguy)

mine did this too right as I was pulling into the stealership. My Sigur Ros CD just finished and the next one wouldn't load. I went into the stealership and they told me to go to a stereo installer so he could "test it". I asked what they meant by "test it" and well you can get the rest.
I ended up working with it myself. I found that the acutator arm that switches CD's had jammed or wasn't working as smoothly as it should. I gave the changer a little help to get the arm moving and had to work it through the cycle of all 6 cd's. It then started working and has worked ever since.
I know your problem sounds a little different but I would check out make sure them mechanisms in the changer are moving the way they should.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts