VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking for the person with the 1.8T with an auto tranny that is running 12's in the quarter. would like to talk with you. everyone tells me that i can not turbo my vr6 cause the auto can't hold the power of a turbo.

· Registered
761 Posts
Re: stock auto tranny running 12's? they said i could find you here. (dallas)

hey man, well it all depends on how much hp you are going to put down and how much boost, if you run low boost like 7 psi, your torque convertor might be able to take it, but don't quote me on that. Check in the 12v vr6 forums to see if any of the auto vr6 guys have turbo'd their car. If no luck with that, if you really want to turbo your car, drop it in, but low run boost and see if the tranny can take it, and if you want to run higher boost, then you'll most likely have to upgrade the torque convertor. Hope I could be of assistance, email me if you still have questions, [email protected], good luck, power to the automatics lol

· Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: stock auto tranny running 12's? they said i could find you here. (wolfsburg2)

thats vwroom, i will be e-mailing you soon. and about level 10, i tried to get them to do my tranny and they said they don't work on vw. only a few audis and bmws, other than that, they really don't do german cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.