VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I have a boost leak somewhere between the turbo outlet and the pancake pipe.
How do these pieces come apart? How do you get the cloth heat shield off?
I can get the pancake pipe off, but I want to pull everything in between and reseat it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Re: stock charge pipe from outlet to pancake pipe (wreckedmyteg)

the heat shields are held on with snaps- just pull them apart and remove. then there is the reducing elbow off the turbo outlet that is held on with hose clamps. the actual pipe back there is bolted to the back of the engine with two brackets. on each side of the brackets there is a pin welded to the pipe, so it is immobile and cannot be moved when clamped in the brackets. the hose between it and the pancake pipe is fitted with a collar that is received by the pipe. the connection is held together with a clip.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Re: stock charge pipe from outlet to pancake pipe (Midnight_Drive)

Quote, originally posted by Midnight_Drive »
the heat shields are held on with snaps- just pull them apart and remove. then there is the reducing elbow off the turbo outlet that is held on with hose clamps. the actual pipe back there is bolted to the back of the engine with two brackets. on each side of the brackets there is a pin welded to the pipe, so it is immobile and cannot be moved when clamped in the brackets. the hose between it and the pancake pipe is fitted with a collar that is received by the pipe. the connection is held together with a clip.

short version of what he said:

take off the passenger wheel (and shroud if you need it)
a couple button snaps like on shorts and stuff, for the heat wraps
a couple hose clamps holding the pancake pipe to the other pipes in line
and a couple bolts holding it to the engine
its not that hard if you have just a little mechanical ability, a screwrdriver and a couple sockets. if youre unsure about it, take pictures of stuff before, and as you take it apart so you can see how it goes back together http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts