VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seek brake knowledge pertaining to my 1993 Corrado SLC.
My front brakes make that awful noise when starting off in first and reverse. So I need to put grease perhaps Permatex on the pins. Coul you please tell me how to take apart the Callipers to do this.
In addition, if you're familiar with the stock Corrado SLC brakes could you tell me how to go about changing brake pads and rotors too.
Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: stock Corrado SLC brakes, Help needed (Corradorennenprofi)

"Keith I don't know what you want to take apart, but you here you go:
-Take off wheel
-Unbolt the 2.....17 or 19mm bolt on the carrier
-the pads may have made a lip on the edges of the rotor making it hard to pull off, you'll have to use something to pry them open just enough to pull off the caliper.
-The pads just come out, pull on the one that is on the piston side it has a clip to hold it to the piston.
-Take the little rubber boots off of the sliders, don't rip them they are fragile.
-clean, regrease the sliders or whatever you want to do.
-You might need one of those impact screwdrivers sears sells, when you hit it torque is applied to the screw and it comes off. Unless you can do it by hand cool, place new rotor on and make sure you torque that little screw if it has specs.
-Put it all back the reverse way, but torque the bolts on the carriers and wheels. Goodluck, and I don't know if I missed anything."

Okay I got this response from 1967Ghia in the Corrado forum. Did he forget to mention any thing?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts