VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so im putting on lowering springs and i unbolted every thing i had to... but now the strut base wont come out the housing??? Why? am i forgetting something?
:(

· Registered
3,762 Posts
You need a special tool for the strut. It's called a strut spreader. Simple tool that makes a world of difference.

Also you may want to think about new struts. The stock struts really can't handle riding low.

· Registered
204 Posts
pb blaster and an air hammer, you can also pop a chisel into the slot of the spindle. there is a specialty tool to make things easier but the last thing i want to do is buy a tool ill use once in a blue moon. the other alternative is to pull the axle bolt and pull the strut with the spindle assembly. you will need new axles bolts and a torque wrench with some muslce if you go that route. enjoy

· Registered
296 Posts
get the tool from metal nerd. i bought the one from ECS and it doesnt go wide enough to actually be useful.

strut spreader.

itll make things 100% easier and if you ever tear your suspension apart again youll be so happy you spent the couple bucks.

· Registered
10,057 Posts
So what does all this have to do with 2.5L engine?...This should be posted in MKV Forum..and/or Suspension Forum!...:screwy:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.