VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wires go where on the westy headlight?Sick of not being able to drive my car at night :mad:

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I switched to a westy headlight set up, which you may not know uses a different headlight connector than the stock headlight set up. I need to know which color wires from the headlight harness go to the 3 connectors on the westy headlight....

·
Registered
280 Posts
Well assuming your h4's are the same as mine. I also don't know which wires are which but I do know the colors. The ground (black) is (looking at the wire side of the connector) the left hand side. Then I have a blue and a white coming out of the stock harness the blue goes to the middle slot and the white (still looking at the wire side) goes on the right hand side.

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My stock harness is brown, yellow with black stripe, and white with black stripe. I'd assume brown is ground, other than that I'm not sure

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Christ, are you serious?

What bulb are you using? Stock sealed? H4?

One is ground, one is high beam, one is low beam. Just f*ck around with it 'til it works.

·
Registered
194 Posts
okay older german cars brown is ground it would be safe to assume white with black is low and yellow high but could hook one up test but brown is ground for sure

·
Registered
10,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay older german cars brown is ground it would be safe to assume white with black is low and yellow high but could hook one up test but brown is ground for sure
yea got this part figured out, just wondering where each one goes becuase ill be attaching it pretty permantly, not wanting to switch it all around a bunch of times:cool:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sorry for jump starting an older thread. The yellow with black is certainly the low beam(have spent many hours working on these) and the white with black is your high beam. that should have you fixed if you have not already figured it out. If you are still not sure, since you will be working with cutting them anyway, connect the ground, then one other wire where you think it goes. It your lows don't work when they should, then I'm wrong and swap them around. you are in no dander of frying or popping anything unless you get the ground wrong.:screwy:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts