VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys our ever popular 1975 Yellow VW Rabbit which has the 1.8 20V engine was stolen along with the Silver trailer it was stored in. This happened at our locked and gated shop in Anaheim, CA 92807. This happened on 6-19-2013 @ exactly 3:10am (took the thief 8 minutes total). Please help us with any info or ideas you have. I have video of the driver and the vehicle which is a 1992-1999 Chevrolet Suburban, looks to be a dark grey or dark blue color.

We think it may have been someone from the Fastivus show since the Rabbit hadn't been out for over 6 years in public view. Here are some pics of the car and trailer and it's exactly how they looked before they were taken...

Here is the video of the THIEF!!!

Please call us or email me directly or message me on here with any info,
(714)693-1555
[email protected]
Thanks,
Vik

·
Registered
815 Posts
:mad: This is terrible. Good luck to you gentlemen in the search.

·
Registered
422 Posts
STOLEN STOLEN STOLEN (Eurosport Trailer and Yellow Rabbit Were Taken 6/19/2013)

Definitely keep a look down here in SD. Sad what this world is coming to. Can't trust anyone.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Holy **** I hope you find your car and trailer in the same condition as before it was taken! :mad:

Saw a FB link to this story already. Will make sure it gets around.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Thieves are sickening, its really sad to see these posts.

How did they get through the gate and into the garage? It's good to have cameras but how about a burg alarm?

I know from personal experience that it doesn't always matter if you have the latest and greatest. I had my business broke into and they bypassed the alarm by cutting through the wall to gain entry. :banghead:

I wish you guys the best of luck and hopefully we will see some pictures of people in handcuffs!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Posted it on Reddit as well.
Subreddit Volkswagen
Vote up if you have a Reddit account to increase traffic.

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
****ing thieves............I love this rabbit and have seen raffi tear the track up with it many a time back in the day!

:(

·
Registered
251 Posts
I work maybe a few blocks from you guys at European Auto Source. and from one MK1 owner to another, i will be keeping my eyes peeled. I will also make sure that my car stays locked and out of site at work as well.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm sure its already been done but take the video to the police they can most likely get the plate and find the Suburban...

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.