VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please stop posting pictures of your beautiful clean cars. It's making me ill. Thanks to this lovely drought, we aren't allowed to wash our cars. I don't like car washes and they never do as good a job as a driveway-wash anyway. It pains me to see my beloved car dirty.

She's calling: "Chris, come and wash me. Get up at 3:00am and wash me in the dark so the neighbors won't see."

Weather sucks.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Re: Stop the pictures already, you're making me ill (ChrisMD)

Yeah man, just drive to someone else's house in another county and wash it there! No probs down here...

·
Registered
6,372 Posts

I know you hate to go to car washes, but go to a car wash and wash your beautiful car. Take a nice little 100% cotton towel, and as your spraying some soap, give her a scrub down. It will be just as good as a driveway job!
Thats what I have to do sometimes.

[Modified by AUDIPWRD, 9:26 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
109 Posts

Yeah, I covertly had to wash my car monday after the gas pump didn't automatically shut off and sprayed gas all over the side of my car. I was afraid the old people that live next to me where gonna turn me in to the water police.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I've just been going to one of those brushless car washes and then detailing the car with some Meguiars stuff at home. I also use that "in between washes" spray and one of those car dusters to keep it as clean as possible between trips to the dreaded car wash. The spray has been working really well. Usually I can go over the car in about 15 minutes and it looks like it was just washed when I'm done. Unfortunately after doing this for several weeks and taking it to the car wash about once every 10 days, you'll need to put a good coat of fresh wax on there.

[Modified by helix7, 11:42 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Stop the pictures already, you're making me ill (T0oDamnFast)

Yeah, I've seen that pic.
The car's not that bad, but I had to park under a tree and now I have bird-do on the hood. So I need to wash it.
I think I'll probably end up going to the carwash and using the hand-bay. I'll just take my bucket, soap, etc. and wash the car there. Then I'll only need to use their water. I don't care if they frown upon that.
Those foaming brushes with the bristles..yikes!

quote:[HR][/HR]I was afraid the old people that live next to me where gonna turn me in to the water police.[HR][/HR]​
Three cops live in my neighborhood. I'm screwed. She's still calling: "Chris, it's dark outside. I need a bath. Get this bird crap off of me!"

·
Registered
869 Posts
Re: Stop the pictures already, you're making me ill (02glx)

You know what I did for the second time, I washed my car inside my garage, I only use 3 buckets(1 soap and 2 water). It feels very awkward sneaking around to wash my car but I get the job done

·
Feels Like the First Time
6,870 Posts
Re: Stop the pictures already, you're making me ill (Kitzero)

I frankly don't give a flying poo poo about these water restrictions. Next week, when I FINALLY get my car back from the body shop i will wash my car. I will wax my car. I will detail my car. I will spray WATER on my car.
Its my therapy. I think that should someone call the water cops, I think they'd understand. You give up your baby for almost three months.
I shall receive special dispensation!!!! And if not, then they can kiss my arse!!

·
Registered
20,813 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Stop the pictures already, you're making me ill (DeeJoker)

All clean!!!

Hehe! I went to the car wash today. The handbay, definitely not automatic. I took my own bucket, soap, washcloth, and Absorber. Gave her a very nice and thorough bath. She smiled all the way home and was so radiant I just had to take pictures.

Other people were giving me funny looks and the owner didn't look too happy, but screw them! She needed a bath!
OK, you may resume posting your pictures.

·
Registered
325 Posts

All ways keep the baltic green clean even though mine is one step from black.

Baltic Green on 17s Eurosport coolflow drls disabled black leather red lighting

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.