VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was ATTEMPTING to put on a set of RICE Pedals and well they didnt' work but I seen that there was a stopper under the gas pedal. Wahts it for? THAT is not the limiter is it? I know in the firetruck I drive it is. Looks like a allen head in it. Anyone ? Anyone ?
Bueller? Bueller?

Rich

·
Registered
478 Posts
Re: Stopper under the gas pedal, what the hell is it for? (XXFirefighter)

Its just a stopper, limiting pedal travel. You can just unscrew it with your hand, if you'd like. Its made of plastic, and it screws onto a bolt that comes up.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

NO ONE KNOWS whats it's for
COME ON SOMEONE GOTTA KNOW !

·
Registered
31,002 Posts

The pedals on the DBW cars are merely actuators. You could, if so inclined, reroute the signal the pedal movement sends to the ecu to a button on the steering wheel...if you were so inclined.
Since the pedal is not mechanincally moving anything, the stopper doesn't do much. That's just the end of the range of motion that the designers intended.
So no, there's not 10hp and 40mph under there.
Check the throttle mod in the VR6 fourms. Some have adjusted the pedal to have a quicker feel. I did it w/ChrisG on his chipped NB and it sucked.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts

you have a 2.0?? thats the secret button... sometime when you are on the freeway... push on the gas till it seems like it has gone all the way down.. then MASH on it.. it will give a little more and then *VROOM* your tranny will downshift, i believe, and you will get more UMPH.

[Modified by turborave, 1:18 PM 11-28-2001]

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Stopper under the gas pedal, what the hell is it for? (turborave)

LOL good one thanks ! But I got a stick, but it will still downshift for me? CoOL I'll have to try it

1 - 7 of 7 Posts