VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,022 Posts
Re: Storage - Insurance (VeeDubScott)

Quote, originally posted by VeeDubScott »
How do you guys handle insurance on your cars when they are in winter storage? Comprehensive (fire/theft) only?

that's what i did. $20/m.

·
Premium Member
18,143 Posts
Re: (spoonie)

Hah...$20/month!?
Mine used to be $20/month when the car was in the (416)....Stouffville, try $1.98/month. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Super Moderator
16,372 Posts
Re: (evil_VR6)

Quote, originally posted by evil_VR6 »
If your car is on lease or currently financed in any way, you have to get clearance from the financing party (bank/dealership) to have collision removed.

If it's financed, they don't give a crap as long as the loan isn't in default since your name is on the ownership. If it's leased, the leasing company will be notified by the insurance company the minute you change the coverage, and you'll get a phone call almost right away. I can assure you they won't allow you to carry only fire and theft since they own the car. It's written into the contract you sign.

·
Registered
MK3 Golf CL
4,543 Posts
I guess it depends on the insurance company. If you don't own your car outright, as in not owing any money on it, my company requires clearance from the loaning party to remove it from collision. VW of Canada didn't care but my company made it a requirement. So, I guess results may vary.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.