VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a v-checker pro scan tool and I am trying to diagnose my cars sudden loss of power on acceleration. It seems to happen mostly when accelerating from stopped and usually right after I shift to 2nd. I have been looking at measuring block 115 to see what my boost readings are like and I have seen that the actual boost is showing higher than the specified boost. When my boost gauge shows 0 PSI, v-checker shows actual boost as around 1300 mbar. The v-checker also never shows a value below 1000 mbar for actual boost even when the car is idling. Can anyone shed some light?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
1000mbar = 1.0bar = atmosphere...

I hope you wouldn't drop below 1 bar to much, though I hear space is nice this time of year...

1.3bar = 18 psi - 14psi ( 1 bar ) = ~4psi
Sounds like your in limp.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about vacuum? For example, when I'm idling my boost gauge shows around 23 inHg, which translates roughly to 300 mbar. I've seen the specified boost drop below 1000 mbar a few times, but never the actual. So the question now is, does the MAP sensor only provide positive pressure readings? The v-checker is showing about 1300mbar or 3-4psi when my gauge shows 0 psi. I'm wondering if its a problem with a sensor or with the v-checker pro. Then at max boost ~1600mbar the actual and specified readings match up and are pretty close to what my boost gauge shows ~8-9 PSI.
I've seen a lot of posts about people having leaks and seeing higher specified boost vs actual boost, but my problem seems to be the opposite. At least for the lower end.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.