VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Vortexers. The dealer gave a print-out of some engine fault codes on a 2000 Golf GL. The check engine light was on, but still seemed to run ok. Any ideas?
1. 16556 P0172 035. System too rich, Bank 1.
2. 17633 P1226 035. Cyl 1 injector circut low.
3. 17634 P1226 035. Cyl 2 injector circut low.
4. 17635 P1227 035. Cyl 3 injector circut low.
5. 17636 p1228 035. Cyl 4 injector circut low.
6. 17833 P1425 035. EVAP can purge regulator valve - N80 - short circut to ground.
7. 17880 P1472 035. EVAP Emission control LPD circut. Short circut to ground.
8. 17536 P1128 035. Bank 1 mixture adaption ( mult.) system too lean.

Is ANY of this seem legit on a seeminly good running car? Is any of this 'owner-fixable' ? Where should I start looking to remedy these things.
I appreciate ANY and ALL responses that can help.
Thanks.

· Registered
68 Posts
Re: Strange engine codes, Help! (DONSFLRADO)

I don't know what to tell you other than if you happen to find out anytime soon, please let me know because I am getting the same crap on my '01 Jetta 2.0L. My car has been at the dealer 5 times for this very problem. I think they are even getting the same codes. They have had my car for two weeks this time and I"m not convinced it is fixed yet. I haven't picked it up but they claim it will be fixed "this time for sure." I'll let you know if I find out anything. VW sent a rep out to take a look at the car on Tuesday. We'll see what happens. If you'd like to keep in touch, you can e-mail me at ...
[email protected]
Good luck,
David.

· Registered
1,152 Posts
Re: Strange engine codes, Help! (DONSFLRADO)

I'm not familiar with the AEG 2.0, but everything seems to be related to shorting out. I would try to locate all of your ground straps and make sure they are A.) attached/intact and B.) free of corrosion for a good ground.
If it were me and the car runs fine, I would check the ground straps, make sure all electrical connections are free of corrosion and tight, then clear the codes and see if any come back. Don't know what else to offer. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.