VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately, my cabin fan motor keeps cutting out when I activate the AC. So... Fan motor works normal at "warm" settings, and then goes to nothing on "cool" (AC) settings. Then if I switch back to warm/ AC off - fan will slowly begin to come back to life and work again. Any ideas/ similar issues? Seems I might need to look at the fuses or relay but IDK if that's the right starting point. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
53,305 Posts
Are you considering that the warm air comes out of the floor vents and the AC air comes out of the upper dash vents? The warm and AC air would not come out of the same vents unless you manual switch it to do so.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you considering that the warm air comes out of the floor vents and the AC air comes out of the upper dash vents? The warm and AC air would not come out of the same vents unless you manual switch it to do so.
Yes the ventilation select dial is set to only upper vents on. Tried changing it to upper and lower choices, etc. as well, but still a dead fan (no matter what) if AC is on- but runs fine on heat (or ambient temps).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem solved! It was a slowly fading fan motor. Maybe StealthGTI is a member here? Check out his video if you have cabin fan issues... Easy fix!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Problem solved! It was a slowly fading fan motor. Maybe StealthGTI is a member here? Check out his video if you have cabin fan issues... Easy fix!
Honestly, thanks for the follow up. I don't have this issue, but I'm sure people that stumble across this thread in the future will appreciate not having to do extra digging.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts