VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2000 Cabriolet.
It developed a really bad smell in the cabin and went investigating. I found a puddle in under the rear seat. I dried this up, great the smell went away.
It rained and the smell returned. So I spend the afternoon hosing the hood and side windows to death(using differing pressures) and I cannot replicate this leak.
Funny thing is that the one of the rear seatbelt anchor is rusting slightly. The seat area around this anchor smells bad and the the seat metal in this area is rusting.
Has anyone hear of this happening before? Is it an easy fix ie remove the bolt and anchor and silcone it to death?
Thanks in advance

· Registered
14 Posts
Re: Strange Water Leak Help Please!! (kiloman)

i have a 99 cabrio which also leaked. check the seal on the tail lights. that's where my leak was, and the trunk flooded and shorted out the entire electrical system. it's a common problem, unfortunately.

Modified by aileen at 12:27 PM 8-20-2006

· Registered
1,660 Posts
My 89 was leaking as well.. I can wash the car and hose it for hours and it wont leak... But the first time it rains it is flood city...
Mine was colling from the top... Check the top... Make sure the windows are rolled all the way up...
Also check the rear window... That leaks on the 89... I have only had the Cabrio (2001) for a week so I have yet to see what happens in the winter..

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Strange Water Leak Help Please!! (kiloman)

Hi again,
I have narrowed the leak down to the hood water deflector coming away from the body. the adhesive is still present. I can see a channel running down the side of the car, I presume that this is for water run off?
How can I access this water deflector for repair or can it be repaired?
Any help would be appreciated(Ireland is a wet place!!!!)
Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.