VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I need some pics of some awesomely stretched tires. THe domestic crew that I know and am part of there is a little bit of discussion about stretching and I need to show them some realy stretched ones. there was one pic but it was a crappy MK4 and they were only like one tire size too small for the rim. I want to show them some like the 165's that I think were on 8's?? Let me see em guys!!

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: STREEETCHED pics!! (Rocco_crossing)

NOBODY?? I can't believe that in this forum no one has pics of stretched tires. I saw a ton when I was on here all the time when I had my GTI.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: STREEETCHED pics!! (greggearhead)

Quote, originally posted by greggearhead »
SEARCH.

But I'm lazy!! YOu should know that!! I got some not a biggie if I get anymore. I think they'll get the point with the ones I got.

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Re: STREEETCHED pics!! (brownhornet)

Quote, originally posted by brownhornet »
cultwagens car is the bee's knees.

aw, i'm blushing.
and as for the "
" guy: airbags are a wonderful, mysterious thing.

if stretched is wrong, baby, then i don't wanna be right.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Re: STREEETCHED pics!! (cultwagen)

Quote, originally posted by cultwagen »
175/50s on 8 inch wheels.

Are you running spacers ???? Will 8in in fit under the
wheel wells and if so what backspace do you have to run ??
Thanks

·
Banned
1,275 Posts
Re: STREEETCHED pics!! (radgti8v)

Quote, originally posted by radgti8v »

Are you running spacers ???? Will 8in in fit under the
wheel wells and if so what backspace do you have to run ??
Thanks

no spacers. the wheels are stock steel wheels widened to 8 inches, but done the old school way with a band instead of a new shell. all of the widening was done in the front. so it's stock back spacing for those wheels. no, eight inches won't really fit in there, but that's what baseball bats and stretched tires are for.

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Re: STREEETCHED pics!! (cultwagen)

Quote, originally posted by cultwagen »

no spacers. the wheels are stock steel wheels widened to 8 inches, but done the old school way with a band instead of a new shell. all of the widening was done in the front. so it's stock back spacing for those wheels. no, eight inches won't really fit in there, but that's what baseball bats and stretched tires are for.

Thanks, thats what I needed to know. I'm gonna try the baseball bat trick myself. Any tips ???

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.