VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was reading the fastrak sumamry a few weeks ago and noticed that a car prepared to any of the ST rulesets to run in their appropriate SP class. I am running a 2003 GTI VR6 in STX and was thinkign of running in DSP next year. I am a little confused though. If I use the ST allowance does that mean I can not run R comps? Does this also mean that I can not do any other SP legal modifications? (I was thinking of getting a LW flywheel for example) Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Re: Street Prepared rules question (NOVAdub)

what issue?? I should take a better look.
I would assume that if you are running dsp you abide by those rules and not the stx rules...which definately means yes on the r comps!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

What that means is any car prepared to ST rules is automatically legal in the appropriate SP. You cannot do a legal mod in ST that would bump you out of SP, basically. But in SP you get more allowances, so you can do the r-comps, any size wheel with any offset/backspacing, and other SP mods.

·
Registered
7,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Street Prepared rules question (towerymt)

Ok let me explain why I ask the question in the first place. I am running in STX with 337 front brakes. To my understanding this is not legal in SP because it would not fall under the update/backdate allowance. (not on same line in appendix A) If I add R comps I am no longer prepared to STX rules. Would that in turn make me not legal because the brakes are not legal in SP? Or am I just thinking way too much about this? LOL

·
Registered
1,536 Posts

I guess that would be a perfect example of a STX rule not allowed in SP.

Well then, I guess you're stuck with street tires. I think the r-comps would take you to SP rules, and then like you said, the brakes aren't legal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.