VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I know of, VWVortex doesn't allow this type of posting. Is there anywhere on this website that you can post street races?? I feel street racing posts or any type of street car racing adds some excitement to the forums. I like street legal car racing on the strip and on the street.

·
Registered
13,719 Posts
Re: Street Racing Forums??? (GTR John)

You can post in the motorsport forums, IF IT IS ON THE TRACK AND LEGAL.
That being said, you should not be street racing. It is nothing more than stupid and you take peoples lives in your hands. Dont do it, period. That is why the Vortex does not allow it, they dont want to encourage it.
Otherwise, try the http://www.corvetteforum.com I have seen street racing stuff on there.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Re: Street Racing Forums??? (impact)

Did you know that when you streetrace, you automatically recieve a membership to FODA?
That's the Future Organ Donors of America, if you haven't heard of it. I think the Sport Bike guys get in free too.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: Street Racing Forums??? (xMetal)

quote:[HR][/HR]Did you know that when you streetrace, you automatically recieve a membership to FODA?
That's the Future Organ Donors of America, if you haven't heard of it. I think the Sport Bike guys get in free too. [HR][/HR]​
LOL,
Well you can try the kill Stories section at Supraforums and corvetteforums. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Street Racing Forums??? (Driftin GTI)

Thanks for the info guys. I personally don't street race and if I do it's with absolutely no cars up ahead and no intersections where someone can come into my lane from in front of me.
I street race at the local Midnight Drags where it's a just a secluded road where a LOT of people go and we all just race there. There's no danger there, people know to stay back. I'm totally against street racing in traffic roads or a small street though.
I was just curious if there was one on here because I saw Clown Car(I think) moderator say that he moved a street race story from in here into the street racing forum, so I was curious to what that was all about.

[Modified by GTR John, 3:06 PM 4-10-2002]

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
Re: Street Racing Forums??? (GTR John)

quote:[HR][/HR]
I street race at the local Midnight Drags where it's a just a secluded road where a LOT of people go and we all just race there. There's no danger there, people know to stay back. I'm totally against street racing in traffic roads or a small street though.[HR][/HR]​
that's exactly what i do. i don't get why everyone in here instantly jumps on you when they hear street racing.

·
Registered
735 Posts

It's called a bandwagon, funny that all the activists are out now considering street racing has been going on for the last 50 years.[HR][/HR]​
Oh.....I see how that makes it safe....ahhhh.....DOH!!

·
Registered
7,287 Posts

that's exactly what i do. i don't get why everyone in here instantly jumps on you when they hear street racing.
It's called a bandwagon, funny that all the activists are out now considering street racing has been going on for the last 50 years.[HR][/HR]​
lol i know. my dad said he and his buddies used to street race back in the 60s.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Re: Street Racing Forums??? (matt007)

Try http://www.speedmagazine.com/
It's ricers paradise.. err paradize. Half the stories are BS, and the bozo's race to see who can be the first to reply to a story. Here is a typical story:

Afro_D vs McLaren F1
by Afro_D, 23, male
Topic: Car Racing - Street
Mods:
WS6- modded V8 with heads, cam, and dual stage Nas 125 shot. And 3.42 gears. For more highway pull. Or something.
McLaren- Supercharger, modded.
Scenario:
I was cruising on I-95 at 2:00 Am when I see this freaky car coming onto the on ramp at about 74.58 mph. I instantly noticed his racing brakes, possible Baer model 125-is's, and 19" chrome American Racing rims even though I passed him at about 91.82mph and it was pitch black out. Yeah, so it I floored it, and it took me about 14 seconds to get to 100mph even though I run high 9s, freaky. About this time when he was behind me I noticed the "Mc Laren" badge on his rear bumper. A real F1! Dayum! So I slowed down and this car pulled up next to me, and rolled the window down, so I rolled mine down too. We were rolling at like 86.81 mph. He said "Hey, boss ride my friend. Would you care for a race?" "Sho nuff, I would enjoy racing your fine machine". So he dropped into 3rd gear and hit it! I hit it too. 12 seconds later we were going 100mph and he was still with me. Damn, I thought, this McLaren F1 is fast! 14 more seconds later we were doing 120. And he's still with me. Thats when I heard a SWOOSH when he shifted....SUPERCHARGER. At this point the F1 is about one car length ahead, so I engaged my dual stage Nas system and got an instant 50hp. Two seconds later another 75hp kicked in and I was gone. I put about 4 car lenghts on him. We raced to about 223.85mph, and I was ahead by about 8 car lenghts. I hit the brakes and he flew by me, but not before I noticed his Saleen badge...damn, a supercharged Saleen McLaren F1. I guess thats how he hung with me so good. Then I headed over to Alyssa Milano's place and smoked a blunt with her while watching old "Who's The Boss" episodes, before heading over to the White House to advise the president on the situation in Afghanistan.

[Modified by Zinhead, 8:05 PM 4-10-2002]

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.