VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i just purchased my 3rd GLI valance, and this one was one of the ECS Tuning tuning ones. hoping that it's decent quality, but I've had a couple thoughts on strengthening the valance itself, hoping i could get some feedback on it. Seems to me that a lot of the reason these valances crack is because their is nowhere for the stress to go when it bottoms out onto the valance. I was thinking about cutting some slits, one in each of the corners, and one in the middle, not all the way up of course, but just a few inches, just before it curves up. Then possibly throwing some Bondo into the walls and bottom of the lip itself. Anyone have any thoughts on whether this might work or am i just asking for even more of a nightmare?

· Registered
3,466 Posts
Re: Strengthening a GLI valance (ibruker)

it's always going to crack. the only way to avoid it is to only drive it on flat straight roads, or raise the car. otherwise, you're pretty much f*ed. if you want to have something that you can smash into the ground and bounce back to it's original shape every time, i'd suggest rubbermaid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.