VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1262 Posts

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I get home after spinnin some wax at my friends club in d-town LB...I wanted to read what was new w/ some "abnormal" dub enthusiasts...low and behold, the thread was locked...
Well, originally I started the thread for the freaks who love the euro stretched look. For those that don't like it, please don't try and close this, I know it is tempting...anyways I've got "some" friends from overseas that were going to post some lovelies...and a few others from certain "magazines".... remember "someones always watching"

I GOT AN idea...for those who don't like the stretched look, how bout starting a post w/ non stretched wheels? I'm sure youd get plenty of love there...as I would post my favs in there as well...
For me, I love em both, but I stretch to the abnormal...To me, if you have the fortune of putting wheels for show, then putting wheels for go (some of us are lucky enough to do so-if you call spending $$$$ lucky
)...then more
to ya...but for now, this is my post, and its a toast to those who stray from the norm (just like all the crazy engine builders that hate going slow, and looking the same as everyone ... as I've got plenty of friends like that all over...) and strive to be different...besides, whos cars are they anyways? Show some respect, and I'm sure it'll bounce right back to ya... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
Talk to you guys/gals later...
I know this is a public forum, but at least I'll know where its coming from if its negative...anyways to the deep dish, stretched rubber freaks
and to those who don't love that look,
as well!
pics were pulled off last post - thanks jason! (aka hope ur sunroof never breaks)

Modified by ghostrado at 11:17 AM 7-22-2005

·
Banned
15,206 Posts
Re: *stretChed ruBBer Freaks n geeks...56k camp here* (ghostrado)

i personally prefer a wider tire as i like traction
but those pics are soooo pretty
i'll add one of my buddy Paul's Jetta on 16x9's with 205's, looks hot http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

not much functionality to this style but it looks good http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
14,537 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ghostrado »
hey berns...you gotta post up your pics again...my 56k @ home is the dark ages...

Sorry H, but right now when I think of how people are so inconsiderate leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I will not post in the Corrado forum for a very long time.

Peace!!!

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
NEW pre-weekend KEG LINE. (dub-nation)

Quote, originally posted by dub-nation »

Sorry H, but right now when I think of how people are so inconsiderate leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
I will not post in the Corrado forum for a very long time.

Peace!!!

no worries berns, I understand...

·
Registered
7,515 Posts

Can I ask some questions, since this is something I don't really understand?
I guess I'm old, cause I remember being told I couldn't run 235s on my 10" wheels back in the day (I was like 16).
I know there are certain tires that allow stretching, but how do you know which ones?
What keeps the tires from leaking, or on the wheels?
Do you have to watch your air pressure pretty closely?

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: *stretChed ruBBer Freaks n geeks...56k camp here* (Shikaroka)

Quote, originally posted by Shikaroka »

I know there are certain tires that allow stretching, but how do you know which ones?
What keeps the tires from leaking, or on the wheels?
Do you have to watch your air pressure pretty closely?

hey, those are some good/repetitive questions...which i'm sure you'll get plenty of different answers.
From what I've learned and tested, the best tires for stretching are the Toyo T1's and the dunlops...I pull towards the Toyos from all my personal testing. Believe it or not, I've been in the canyons w/ my new setup on my mk2, but I don't like doing it since Im too worried about damaging the lips...I stick w/ the compos for road and track.
As for air leaking...I have not run into that problem, nor have my brethern friends in the UK for ages...I always check my air pressure 1nce every 2 weeks just to make sure
hope that helps a bit.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts

Anyone have a clue if Pirelli P7000SS stretch. I have 205.40.17 for some 17x7.5 and wanna use some 235.40.17 on some 17x10s but trying to figure do they have a good stretch or anyone use these tires? I have had Falken Ziex ZE-512 if im not wrong that stretched great and a set of Toyos but those were with 16s. Never tried streching on some 17s.

1 - 20 of 1262 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.