VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I was trying to install a (split) adapter to put an additional oil pressure sensor along with an original oil switch. I know this is dumb but I stripped the thread because the adapter was slightly different the thread. I was trying many different one's and in the end I f**ked it up. So what is the solution, can anybody recommend any type of repair? I was looking some kind of thread repair insert but not sure where to get it and which one. Or some kind of sealant
I'd appreciate if someone could help me with this problem :| Thanks
p.s. I'm in Chicago

·
Registered
16,244 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
My torque wrench did not click when torqueing pcv valve and I stripped one thread. I repaired it with helicoil and its stronger than before.
I believe it was M6x1.25(or 1.0 pitch). You have to be very patient with it (drilling, tapping, cleaning shavings etc). I believe it took me almost an hour to do that one thread.

I dont remember the exact size I needed but this is the product I used
Amazon.com: Helicoil 5546-6 M6 x 1 Metric Coarse Thread Repair Kit: Automotive

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OMG thank you so much! I will check that out! Btw I didn't know this oil filter flange is separate, I was so frustrated yesterday I thought i'd need to replace the engine block lol
This make so much easier now, will be checking junk yards or someone parting out their cars to see how much it will cost for a replacement oil filter flange. And also I could probably drill a second hole and make a thread for my oil pressure sensor. Thanks again!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Use a timesert they work so nice for repairing threads.

Problem is that you will want to remove that oil filter flange to repair it and at that point it might just be easier to replace the whole flange.

Here is the timesert website: ++ TIME-SERT Official Threaded inserts for stripped threads, blown out sparkplugs,

Here is one I installed on a serp belt tensioner:
http://instagr.am/p/CKKQZqgHkm_/
Hey man, how hard is it to remove the flange on a cc? Iooked at it and it looks like very hard.. Would you happen to have a link for a DIY? Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts