VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently noticed that the front strut mounts on my b4 seem to have quite a bit of room when the vehicle is on the ground. When the front end is raised, they drop down. Is this normal? The stuts but not the mounts have been replaced and I am hoping this is the answer to my crappy suspension and handling problems.

These pics were taken with the front end on the ground:

·
Registered
7,636 Posts
Re: Strut Mounts (bkrquads)

We can't see your pics, but some drop down is normal. However they can break down and drop too far, and if they are original, they should have been replaced. The rubber mounts are only about $25 for the pair at Adirondack, and you don't have to compress the springs to change them. You do have to compress the springs to change the bearing itself.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mileage is about 120K miles, I have had it since 64K and haven't replaced them. I don't know about the original owner but I doubt it. I'm just gonna replace them since it doesn't seem too expensive. Thanks everyone for the help!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.