VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in the middle of doing a lot of long needed repairs on my mk3 jetta gl right now. i replaced the struts a few months back but neglcted to do the tower bushings/bearings (didn;t know they were bad at the time)
right now i am just finishing up replacing the wheel bearings. since i need to align the car now i figure it is a god time to get the **** i need. can anyone tell me if these would work on the gl models? i have been told the vr6 mod's are a good upgrade...but i saw these and figured i would ask before buying um. these vr6 heavy duty's will work on my car correct? (second product down on the page)
http://www.germanautoparts.com...198/5
there a really good price
any feedback would be awsome. thanks guys

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Re: strut tower bushings/bearings (cabriosnap)

For sure, and they're an excellent choice from the preferred buyer of mine.
They will raise the car like 1/2" though. I only realized it when dealing with the difference between those, and the stock mounts and being bottomed out on coils.
But if low is not what you're after, pull the trigger on those.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: strut tower bushings/bearings (vastxpunk)

my car is low, but it actually has always sat kinda lower in the front. maybe this will level it out

thanks for the fast responce

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

Honestly.. Just get the first kit on there. Save yourself 5 bucks and keep your low.
Rake looks the best anyways. I run regular 2.0 stock mounts on all my vw's, except the gf's Jetta. The HD's are just a little more comfortable after a lot of miles are put on them IMO.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

well the car will be autocrossed...so i am looking for the most ridgid (sp) ride i can get
sorry should have mentioned that in first post....
will i gain that with just the stock vr bearings or would i notice a greater benefit on hd's?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts

Go with the HD's. In that case you definitely want the HD's. First off I didn't realize it was a VR, even if you stated so, I didn't see it. And secondly, for Autocross, or any performance use, definitely go with the HD's.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

lol i'm not rockin a vr...got the aba. my future turbo project....thenever i get aroubd to it

i ordered up those hd's. thanks a lot for your help bro. have a good one:thumbup:

MODS...i have the info i need, you can blackhole this one

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (q_ball2)

i have some extra hardware from another strut kit i had...so i am using all new with mild locktight...but i emagine the old hardware is usable s long as you give it a good lookover and use locktight

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Re: (q_ball2)

Quote, originally posted by q_ball2 »
Not to thread Jack, but is that kit all you need, can you use all your old nuts? I'm on coilovers already but I'm on the stock aba mounts from pottermans. Always wanted to convert

if you have the older (mk2) style strut bearings/bushings you will need different spring caps if you aren't on coilovers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.