VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... im halfway through my tour. Been dying to drive my rabbit. Also work on the motor swap. Figured id post some pictures of my current and past VWs (mostly mk1) since im fricken bored and its the most car related thing i can do.

this is my current rabbit. 77 4 door. has a 5spd swap with 1.8 8v right now. Have an aeb 1.8t motor and 5spd trans to go with it sitting next to it back int he states right now and a pretty penny saved from being stuck over here for the frankenturbo kit and other misc goods.

when it was on 13x8 rotas

old 84

next to my buddies old 16v 77

my old 16v 77, was my favorite car before i got in an accident :(

free caddy i scored with a turbo diesel engine. sold caddy to my buddy and sold engine to a suzuki samurai guy

emergency "i need a car now" buy

old $200 buy that ended up getting chopped up due to crunched rear end

my old diesel 4 door with awesome blue interior

and the first rabbit i have ever owned. $200 gti. pile-o-crap but it got me hooked

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and some of my old non MK1s
boring mk3 glx, chipped, intake, springs, borla exhaust, drove it a whopping week before i sold it for another mk1

mk2 gli 16v

my first car, 65 singlecab.

the fleet back in the day (pops wasnt too happy about it, i was 16 at the time and still living with him) 57 bug i scored for $200 in a field.

the wifes first car, 63 bug. she drives an mk6 gti now

66 riviera i never did anything with

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know what ya mean. Im stationed in upstate NY at Fort Drum. so vws are unheard of up there because of all the damn snow they get. but as soon as im over seas..... they start poppin up all over craigslist :banghead:

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Nice story definitely worth reading :thumbup:

Thanks for your service :beer:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
22,727 Posts
POG

But nice cars

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lemme know if he wants to sell the wheels off it. i want em back :)

syracusegli.... things are goin good. just cant wait to get back and do work on the 1.8t

1 - 12 of 12 Posts