VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there. I recently bought a 2001 Jetta 1.8T. Since I bought it I took it to the dealership to get serviced because the check engine light was on (I knew the issue was the coolant sensor). Just before I took it to the dealership the engine started making a whistling noise.. I told them about this and when I got the car back it was in fine running condition- no whistle.
About 500 kms later, however, the whistling sound came back (sounding very high pitched like a dentist drill). Along with the whistling sound there has been a severe lack of power to the car and it has no jam left. I was reading some threads about this sort of problem and from what I have read it could be the Diverter valve or the turbo itself. Anyone know anything about this sort of issue... I'm stumped

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Stumped on turbo issue (wolfsburgler)

I had a similar issue with my 1.8t passat, where it would make a whiny whistling sound. In my case, it was a small high velocity fan that ran from the intake to right after the Carb as some sort of emissions thing. I had it unplugged when i had my K&N cold air intake installed, and while the engine light still goes on, (the diagnostic reports that the fan isn't working
) it no longer makes the sound.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.